Your worse maps/most disliked maps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your worse maps/most disliked maps.

Well we all do the eye roll when we see "X" map loading. Our intuition is to press the ESC button or wait until the EXIT GAME button appears.

Perhaps for the reason of just dislike the landscape, unfair maps, easy exploits ect...

For me it would be

Laguna Presa (Did I spell it right?)
    Nelson Bay
    Atacama Desert

Reasons:

1) Laguna and Nelson both have vision issues, by vision I mean: One is heavily populated by vegetation and another is at night. Both makes my eyes pop out of their sockets trying to find the source of the incoming fire.
    The US army uniforms fade in to the vegetation here at Laguna. As for Nelson, I have issue seeing RU assault and engineer.

2) Atacama Desert: Not enough vehicles, not getting in a vehicle = picked off by snipers or enemy vehicles. Very difficult to get kills here, but very easy to get killed.

So what are your most disliked maps?

Re: Your worse maps/most disliked maps.

Isla Innocentes. Usually, everyone goes sniper there, so do I. haha I don't like that map.

Comment

Isla Inocentes, Laguna Presa, and Nelson Bay are some of the greatest maps in this game.

I'm going to say that Port Valdez is one of my least favorite because 9 times out of 10, the attacking team wastes all their tickets on the first point because they're all being useless on the hill.

I quite like Atacama Desert as it's a very different style of play and I have an easy time finding enemies on foot, you just have to go where the action is, you can't be sedentary.

I'm going to have to say that the worst map in the game is Arica Harbor conquest, hands down. So much potential for that map...but alas.

Comment

I used to hate the first stage of Atacama desert, since infantry couldn't do much else than being shelled and sniped.
        I have adapted and grab a RPG for that stage, but it is still an exercise in frustration when nobody uses tracers, resupplies or countersnipes.

Comment

First stage of Atacama can be a real pain with a bad team, otherwise it's ok and even fun with a good team that rush.

Nelson Bay is ok even though I tried to play with lighting/constrat, like I did with Red Orchestra. It was little better but really just a little, then the next map was Atacama and the sand was so shiny it looked like snow under a strong sun.

I don't dislike any maps but if I have too chose I take Port Valdez, played it too much in the beta and the first part is annoying most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
            I'm going to have to say that the worst map in the game is Arica Harbor conquest, hands down. So much potential for that map...but alas.

Comment

Isla Inocentes is my most disliked. I like all others fairly well. VALPARAISO VILLAGE my absolute favorite.

Comment

ATACAMA desert is just terrible for me, I can pull off 2 kills one death in all other maps except this one.

Comment

Panama Canal because every server I go on during matchmaking on PS3 has Panama Canal playing. It's really annoying.

Comment

I don't like Laguna Alta. That map seems to be in favor of Russians. The US side have problem accessing flag C with heavy armor, while Russians armor can attack both A and B. It also raise the meaning of base rape to another level. The problem is, it's always US being choke raped in front of their base.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                      I don't like Laguna Alta. That map seems to be in favor of Russians. The US side have problem accessing flag C with heavy armor, while Russians armor can attack both A and B. It also raise the meaning of base rape to another level. The problem is, it's always US being choke raped in front of their base.
                      Yeah, unless the teams are even or the server has lots of nice people on it, Laguna Alta usually becomes a base rape fest.

Comment

They're all gravy, minus Arica Harbor on Conquest. I hate it so much...

Comment

Yeah Arica on conquest can quickly turn into a camper fest.

Comment

Atacama is one of my favorite maps, so many opportunities for epic moments on it.. Don't stay in the open unless when running between points, play smart when in a tank, flank, go engineer with AT4 which lets you kill tanks with 2 rockets and occasionally gunships. When B is contested you can literally farm kills from underneath the protected areas without getting hit by armor. Probably a large percentage of my ace pins came on this map.

I initially hated Arica on conquest, but now usually chill higher up the map in the hills, and it's enjoyable and easy to get kills and stay safe.

Most rush maps I can't stand though, as they degenerate into snipefests and explosives spam.

Comment

As long as the maps are rotated regularly, I don't mind. One thing guaranteed to make me puke is to see any map on a browser as "24/7" (a la Camp Gibraltar on Bf 2142, on quite a few servers). Even the greatest maps bore with constant repetition.

Comment

Working...
                              X