We seriously need a timer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We seriously need a timer.

This game needs a timer in the WORST way. For a team to be able to plant both MCOMS before 1/2 of the total players load in is retarded. The momentum for a team is nearly impossible to reverse. This is NOT working as intended. How in the hell do we go backwards in technology and not have what we had in BF2? Who is the moron at DICE that gave this way we are playing now without a timer, a go? The various set ups on people computers makes the loading times so random it doesnt make sense. This will be the main reason why BC2 wont be a competitive game. Untill this is fixed, people with great rigs will always have the advantage which is totally unfair. Put in a timer and let skill be the factor to win instead of who loads the quickest. /rant

Re: We seriously need a timer.

You can also try to win infinite amount of round by blowing up all mcoms by yourself.

Most absurd design and definitely need to be fixed. Can't find any reason to allow this other than possible difficulty in reset destructible stuff.

Comment

As much as I love loading super duper fast, grabbing an ATV, zoom to the closest m-com, setting it off while planting C4, then go hide and wait for baddies to come disarm it only to go KA BOOOOM!
      Fun? Yes.
      Fair? No.
      I agree though, why not set a timer like the deathmatch one, where it gives at least 15 seconds then spawns everyone.

:edit: Oh and they never fixed it in Bf2 I doubt they will care in here.

Comment

I find it weird though. When I played my three games of squad rush/deathmatch (needed the win badges to complete my set), there WAS a counter of 30 seconds for those games. I dunno if the servers had special mods or not, but I had to wait to load into those 3 games.

IF it is not a mod though, then the TECH is there. Devs just need to activate it.

Comment

I have heard that there is a timer in squad mode, although I havent tried it out myself.

Comment

There was a timer in 2142 which could be set server side up to 90 seconds. I think we need that option here, especially since those with ATI cards have ridiculously long load times.

Comment

Squad games are dreadfully dull. Squad death match especially. Well it was for me, since it wasnt a full server and i spent most of the time looking for the enemy. That and every single Death Match server is Hardcore.... UGH Annoying.

Comment

I agree - especially on Rush maps. I seem to have pretty better than average load times given the number of guys that come in after me and way too many times I find myself staring at a couple Abrams, at least one squad, and blinking MCOMS when I join.

Plus, for many clans and such, a timer gives you the opportunity to discuss squad load out and strategy before the game begins.

Comment

I agree with this as well, all to often I am confronted with the same issues, playing last night and one of my squad mates was already at an MCOM as soon as I loaded in, it was great for us, but really crappy for the Defense.

Comment

A timer isnt actually a bad idea as it would let all the players get in and setup.

Comment

I believe there is no timer since this is a console game and I assume most console players load in at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X