Buggy In-Game VOIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy In-Game VOIP

I've just started using my mic in BC2 with a friend who just bought the games and we've been having a lot of problems. Occasionally it seems as though the VOIP just stops working entirely and he can't hear anything I say nor can I hear him. More often, though, the audio will be stutter to the point that it's nigh impossible to tell what he's saying.

I haven't used in-game VOIP with anyone else yet (I haven't met any pubbers with mics) so I don't know if this is a local problem on someone's end or if it's a bug other people are experiencing as well. Anyone have an idea?

Re: Buggy In-Game VOIP

VOIP is borked across all servers, its a bug, a big style bug
    at map start voip is usually ok but within a few minutes it gets crackly then you can get weird things like constant open mics or you can hear them but they cant hear you etc, then it just stops working all together

VOIP is so borked thats its not worth even trying till DICE fix it

Comment

never really used it but when i first got on beta, my squad mates were using it. i have not heard VOIP since then.

Comment

Occasionally some servers I can hear the squad mates really well, they can hear me quite well like in BF2. But other than that, my attempt to use the VOIP failed.

Comment

right, i have just tried using my mic with my friends and it seems the VOIP system on this game is broken. does anyone know if DICE knows about this or are trying to fix it? i miss bf2 days of talking tactics with squad mates.

Comment

in game voips normally suck. from quality to effectiveness, that is why i prefer something called mumble

Comment

Everyone has complained about it. Some servers it works well, some it doesnt. I end up typing everything as I have gotten used to not being able to talk.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Use teh ventzors.

Comment

I hope the VOIP of BF3 will at least of the quality of BF2, I can't understand how they failed the VOIP on BC2.

Yep you have to use alt. software like Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrilo if you want to speak.

Comment

Working...
                  X