Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching sides ........ makes no sense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching sides ........ makes no sense!

Why did EA/Dice put this option in as it is'nt in any of the other BF games. I have not switched sides one time since I started playing as I just go down with the ship. If the players on my side are so bad that their poor play results in my getting killed repeatedly then I leave the game and find another server. This option makes the win/loss stat nothing more than a fudged number.

Re: Switching sides ........ makes no sense!

Sorry but you are inncorrect, you've been able to swtich teams in I think all ther Bf games. There might have not been a button for it but I've done it for years in BF2 and 2142.

Plus if there is any kind of auto balance going on, it will usually kick you back to your team if it's too uneven. Most of the servers in Bad company 2 didn't have this going on, but dice in the R9 server update said they've fixed it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sithdemon
      Sorry but you are inncorrect, you've been able to swtich teams in I think all ther Bf games. There might have not been a button for it but I've done it for years in BF2 and 2142.

Plus if there is any kind of auto balance going on, it will usually kick you back to your team if it's too uneven. Most of the servers in Bad company 2 didn't have this going on, but dice in the R9 server update said they've fixed it a bit.
      Technically you are right but it was'nt advertised like it is in BC2. Still ... you enter the game and play on the side that you were assigned.

Comment

In Bf2, and 2142(other bfs I played) you could easily switch teams by clicking on the enemy team's name in the weapon selection area. Most players don't switch unless the teams are uneven anyway, so your not the only one losing.

Comment

Win / loss stats has always been a fudged number.
          Switch sides is so you can join friends or even the teams. Of course there are people that exploit it, but I am sure DICE will patch that sometime around 2014.

Comment

You've always been able to switch teams in Bf2/2142, however in them, Autobalance worked pretty well and if you switched to a team with more players or to a team which causes inbalance you get switched straight back with double point loss.

Comment

Kudos on you sticking to the losing team.

In rush, I find that when our first station assets are blown, defenders tend to switch to attackers.

On the subject of playing with your friends, I like to be on the other team, knife em

Comment

I guess you need to be able to switch as they didn't include auto balance

Comment

first, they need to code the game so that 1 side never has more than HALF the total player capacity for the given server. like in 32 man servers, make it impossible to have one team over 16 players. how hard is this to program?

btw, they won't let you switch sides now when tickets are low now. that should prevent the team switching to winning side guys.

Comment

I always thought people who switch to stack teams were retarded. I've done a lot of team switching but it was always to the crappy team. Was constantly switching to US on karkand.

Comment

I had an instance yesterday that we had 3 full squads and just me in the 4th squad. I wanted to switch teams so I could join a full squad but it wouldn't let me switch. It kept saying squad is full. Which this would be impossible if Autoswitching was on. So apparently some servers must have that off.

Comment

I REALLY hope R9 eliminates the trouble with switching. More and more people are switching sides on a FULL server to intentionally make the sides uneven and to make sure they are on the winning side.

I had a game of 20 versus 12 the other day, and it annoys me to no end when I m on the winning side and this stuff happens. It is hard to see too because the gui interface for showing score only displays 16 players before it creates a scrollbar. The losing team will usually say that teams are unbalanced, not realizing that the server is still full regardless. Plus if you have a 17 to 15 game people will not say that teams are unbalanced because a quick glace and the score board will just look like a 16 to 15 game.

There needs to be a team cap, ie on 32 player server the max 1 team can be is 16 players. If you try to switch to the other team if a team has 16 players already you should just be switched back.

Comment

H0w else am I g0ing t0 get t0 j0in the same team as me friend?

Comment

I think since R9 you cannot switch to a team that has more players, or which would make it have more players.

Neat.

Comment

Working...
                            X