X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Competitive BC2

Originally posted by Kylee!
    I just told you...

Or are you using sarcasm without tags...?
    no, I used caps to stress meaning, not to imply sarcasm.

At any rate; the way I see it, it's like american football; outside of the us is nowhere as big as soccer; so much that soccer is starting to pick up in the US. We'd like FPS to be like soccer, but they are american football.

And no, no matter how much companies spend on publicity, the NFL is nowhere near the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
      Or that people who compete are just lifeless nerds. It's stupid that people think compeitive gaming is like that. We don't troll on public players nor are we all lifeless virgin nerds...
      Oh, now I get it. Zero, you must have misread my post again. Reread it. I dont think anyone in this topic claimed competitive players had no social life. I was demonstrating an example which has been used on these forums as an insult whenever competitive players argued with pub players.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
      no, I used caps to stress meaning, not to imply sarcasm.

At any rate; the way I see it, it's like american football; outside of the us is nowhere as big as soccer; so much that soccer is starting to pick up in the US. We'd like FPS to be like soccer, but they are american football.

And no, no matter how much companies spend on publicity, the NFL is nowhere near the World Cup.
      Well get there, Seth. In a couple of years, youll be rooting for Yankees, Brazil and Total-Frag.

Comment

You said that it was ironic that i said you were a virgin lifeless nerd since i posted that i compete a ton. So you think i must be a lifeless nerd cause i compete a ton. If you think i must be a lifeless nerd you must think most are the same...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
          You said that it was ironic that i said you were a virgin lifeless nerd since i posted that i compete a ton. So you think i must be a lifeless nerd cause i compete a ton. If you think i must be a lifeless nerd you must think most are the same...sigh.
          Heres the simple version-

FPS, in one post, is being called as a genre unfit for competition because its "just point and click" (pay attention to the context of the messages).
          I counter it by sarcastically saying that both genres use keyboard and mice and are all about "clicking, pointing and dragging".
          You misread my response and lead yourself to believe that I claimed Starcraft didnt require any skill or thinking.

Second case
          Competitive gaming is being called out as uninviting for pub players because of the elitism.
          I respond by saying both sides are equally guilty and I give examples of insults both groups use against each other.
          You misread my response and lead yourself to believe that I called competitive gamers "lifeless nerds".

You insult me by claiming Im a "virgin nerd". Obviously using the stereotypes here. I point you towards your own hypocricy, using the same stereotype against you, by reminding you that you bragged about playing CS competitively for "20 seasons". So if you call me a "virgin nerd", you were setting youself up.

Is this simplified enough for you? Expecting your apology.

Comment

Chris Chris Chris...it's far too complicated please simplify some more :laugh:

I do not need to say sorry...its a freaking gaming forum for heaven sakes!

Comment

Simplified:

Post with competitive topic is made.

Hypocrites leave sour aftertaste by flaming competitive gaming and blame aftertaste on the competitive gamers.

Comment

Thats why I hate these types of threads. People argue and argue and both "sides" are right and wrong at the same time and nothing will change. Name calling starts and then its downhill from there.

At least this thread is starting to tick back up, but the outcome will still be the same.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Thats why I hate these types of threads. People argue and argue and both "sides" are right and wrong at the same time and nothing will change. Name calling starts and then its downhill from there.

At least this thread is starting to tick back up, but the outcome will still be the same.

Crunch
                  Well there are many aspects of life no one can agree on, yet we discuss them anyway don't we... I think as long as you stick to what you think is right, and - if proven wrong or right with valid evidence, you can be open minded enough to change your perspective.

*Turns thread into epic argument about religion, politics, and ... competitive gaming.*

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                    Simplified:

Hypocrites leave sour aftertaste by flaming competitive gaming and blame aftertaste on the competitive gamers.
                    Nicely said .

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                      Simplified:

I think that's an oversimplification in someways, but still quite true.

For myself, at least in this thread, I never attacked competitive gaming and didn't side with people who hate it, because I think it's a great thing, but I tried to draw some real criticisms about it and point out somethings that need to change before it can really bloom into something extremely popular among the general population like many sports are. I believe Chris_Redfield posting something very similar, but I'm too lazy to read back through all the posts looking for it.

edit: In conclusion, sometimes we can compromise and agree to disagree on many things will still have an argument about the topic, whether it be heated or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X