Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Competitive BC2

Originally posted by Kylee!
    Nope. I just play the game when I have some free time... I don't really even play with a team or a clan or anything.
    Then ALL of your time is just for you. A lot of my time is spent trying to seed my server, so my SPM is obviously going to be lower than most. For large stretches of time, I'm racking up time with zero score.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
      Then ALL of your time is just for you. A lot of my time is spent trying to seed my server, so my SPM is obviously going to be lower than most. For large stretches of time, I'm racking up time with zero score.
      Thats a pretty rare circumstance. I'm trying to speak generally here... of course its not always rock solid evidence...

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
        Ok, so we're suddenly going back to this because I got you with the DR example? Allright good.

This has been explained already, if you were good - it would show, end of story. Sure stats on paper are not the end all, but when my SPM (and I don't consider myself that awesome...) is twice yours, its easy to make assumptions. Score is a pretty accurate measure of playstyle, teamwork, and etc.
        No dude, really, I geninely just wanted to know what you thought of my stats; I welcome critique too you know? And I'm not gonna nitpick or quote what you say about it; i REALLY want to know how does it look.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
          No dude, really, I geninely just wanted to know what you thought of my stats; I welcome critique too you know? And I'm not gonna nitpick or quote what you say about it; i REALLY want to know how does it look.
          I just told you...

Or are you using sarcasm without tags...?

Comment

See guys, THIS is what gives competitve gaming the sour aftertaste.

Four pages later and so far, not one of you has taken the high ground and simply not replied to call-outs.
            ...And that's exactly what happens in most competitive environments. It starts off as a friendly tournament, then some guy gets his ego stomped, calls someone out and after that it's pages upon pages of ad hominems, people arguing over stats and how much more pro they are.
            The newcomers can't refrain from exaggerating their arguments and the 'in crowd' can't help but keep using game skill as a sole argument.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt anyone playing BC2 at the moment is even good enough to play competitive matches of any value, let alone entire organized teams. Any game launch always comes with possible strategies that are lame, unbalanced, unbeatable, etc and it's only after some time and several patches that comp play even means anything. The first year is mostly which team can exploit the best.

Comment

Yeah, well... Im going to take the higher ground and just tell you that you dont know what youre talking about. Then I bow, and presume youre a gentleman enough to agree. The problem with competitive environment is "pub heroes" (Im a pub player, but Im talking about people who think they are **** hot at the game, in their small below-average skilled server and never faced a competitive player) call them out as being cheap (as you just did) lifeless nerds, because its the only excuse theyve got for being beaten. On the other hand competitive gamers think they are gods gift for not playing in pubs. Thats the general type of argumentation on both sides.

The only reason competitive gaming would be uninviting was if your ego got in the way of the enjoyment. Competitive gaming is all about organized gameplay, pure teamwork, tactics and strategy and playing against opponents who are not clueless and hapless kids on their 3rd game hour. The adrenaline rush in a scrim is amazing. Its incredibly fun and exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Yeah, well... Im going to take the higher ground and just tell you that you dont know what youre talking about. Then I bow, and presume youre a gentleman enough to agree. The problem with competitive environment is "pub heroes" (Im a pub player, but Im talking about people who think they are **** hot at the game, in their small below-average skilled server and never faced a competitive player) call them out as being cheap (as you just did) lifeless nerds, because its the only excuse theyve got for being beaten. On the other hand competitive gamers think they are gods gift for not playing in pubs. Thats the general type of argumentation on both sides.

The only reason competitive gaming would be uninviting was if your ego got in the way of the enjoyment. Competitive gaming is all about organized gameplay, pure teamwork, tactics and strategy and playing against opponents who are not clueless and hapless kids on their 3rd game hour. The adrenaline rush in a scrim is amazing. Its incredibly fun and exciting.
                You clearly are a virgin nerd lol.

Mod please just lock this thread its not going anywhere and everyone is just arguing about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
                  You clearly are a virgin nerd lol.
                  Irony at its finest. Youre calling me a "virgin nerd" after youve claimed youve been playing CS competitively for 20 seasons.

Mod please just lock this thread its not going anywhere and everyone is just arguing about everything.
                  First you insult and then ask for a lock. Youre funny.

Comment

Yet you are still not denying it..sigh... You can still compete and have a real life...dumb****. Just cause I played 20 seasons for CS, im a virgin nerd...yeah great logic.

All I have gotten from you posting is this:

-No one but Chris knows jack**** about competitive gaming.

Comment

Yet you are still not denying it..sigh... You can still compete and have a real life...dumb****. Just cause I played 20 seasons for CS, im a virgin nerd...yeah great logic.

All I have gotten from you posting is this:

-No one but Chris knows jack**** about competitive gaming.
                      Yea except he's agreeing with me... I love how everyone just makes assumptions of stereotypes - even in something as trivial as a video game. I play the game for fun regardless, and for me (and pretty much the rest of the planet it seems) competitive play is the way to go. I have much more fun playing baseball in a competitive setting and not in my backyard. Same thing goes for video games, I have more fun playing in a competitive league or scrim than playing in a public server.

Don't lock this... the whole point of a forum is to discuss, and that is what we're doing. Perhaps I made a mistake in bringing stats up... I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings...

Comment

I take it you dont like vehicles Kylee? Jesus man! What gives?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                          I take it you dont like vehicles Kylee? Jesus man! What gives?!
                          I love vehicles.

I take them whenever I can... I just play a good amount of Rush - and then the maps with the most vehicles give me lag a lot.

Comment

Yet you are still not denying it..sigh...
                            Denying what? That I have a social life outside the internet? People have to prove it these days? I would feel rather stupid if I had to start posting credentials and details of my sexlife to someone who couldnt see the hypocritical position they put themselves into when they called someone a lifeless nerd after bragging about playing a videogame competitively. Considering you like stereotypes so much, I was rather amused when you couldnt see that one coming.

And Kyle, I think stats were a necessary argument in this "debate". If you put people into a competitive environment, some are better than others. Stats prove the point just fine.

Comment

Gonna chime in here - playing in a competitive environment with friends is the most fun you can have playing video games. I've been playing TF2 competitively since summer 2008 and there's so much enjoyment in fine tuning your strats, starting to beat better teams, get the team chemistry down and still have a laugh about it. I've tried many other games as well and the competitive folks have always been nice and helpful people.

People just assume competitive gaming is trolling public players on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                                Gonna chime in here - playing in a competitive environment with friends is the most fun you can have playing video games. I've been playing TF2 competitively since summer 2008 and there's so much enjoyment in fine tuning your strats, starting to beat better teams, get the team chemistry down and still have a laugh about it. I've tried many other games as well and the competitive folks have always been nice and helpful people.

People just assume competitive gaming is trolling public players on forums.
                                Or that people who compete are just lifeless nerds. It's stupid that people think compeitive gaming is like that. We don't troll on public players nor are we all lifeless virgin nerds...

Comment

Working...
                                X