Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squadleader?

Hi there,

How do you become the leader of your squad, or is it at random?

Thanks!

Re: Squadleader?

there is no squad leader. you all can issue orders, although the Q-issuing is borked and sometimes you can't issue orders at all.

Comment

And it seems your others mates orders override yours?

Comment

Yep. There is no chain of command.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

There is no squad leader, anyone can set orders. I kinda like this idea to be honest because (if you communicate properly) you can switch between the leader roles a bit.

Comment

i think having no squad leader has ruined this game teamwork wise, i have never been in a squad that has communicated using VOIP and i think a main reason is that noone wants to seem "bossy" or take charge in the squad. also, without the leadership role there is no reason to listen to the other tard in your squad. i think there has to be an authority figure in the squad for sure. bf2 was great because you had the SL giving orders and you had the squad medic keeping him alive and the assaults were moving in on flags and it worked so well and was really fun. now it is just TDM with moving spawnpoints. fix it.

Comment

Wish we could just assign this to the highest ranked in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                i think having no squad leader has ruined this game teamwork wise, i have never been in a squad that has communicated using VOIP and i think a main reason is that noone wants to seem "bossy" or take charge in the squad. also, without the leadership role there is no reason to listen to the other tard in your squad. i think there has to be an authority figure in the squad for sure. bf2 was great because you had the SL giving orders and you had the squad medic keeping him alive and the assaults were moving in on flags and it worked so well and was really fun. now it is just TDM with moving spawnpoints. fix it.
                I personally don't want to hear immature adolescents talking in high pitch voices and turn off all voip before I play the first game. The only people I wish to hear are on vent/teamspeak with me.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                  It's no different than before. You can still give orders and you can still use VOIP. Being able to spawn on anyone in the squad is a great improvement.

The squad leader was just a title anyway. People did not respect you anymore cause you were squad leader. Noobs are noobs and lame players are lame players. This did not change in anyway. As always the best team experience can be had with your friends instead of random pubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                    As always the best team experience can be had with your friends instead of random pubbies.
                    Yep its this

Comment

Another cool thing, you can spawn on anyone in your squad. No more wondering if Sgt Rambo has it figured out why the rest of his squad can't spawn on him as he dies too much!

Comment

I believe that one reason why they destroyed squad leader is because they rather not have a guy hiding all the time while his squad mates spawn on him and take all the fun. (I could be wrong though)
                        -Regardless of the reason I gave up there in the post I still think it's fun for the squad leader to hide. When ever I am a squad leader it's a lot more fun because I have to watch out for baddies at every corner and it makes things more interesting. I think people take the definition of squad leader hiding into the point where he's 1 mile away from the flag in a bush. I tend to see it as I am the vital part in my squad where I must defend myself and my squad mates throw themselves to protect me.

Comment

I'm not sure if you'll be able to spawn on everyone in BF3, BC2 was a multiplatform game and thus is simpler in many aspects. About the spawning system related to squads I personnaly prefer BF2142 for one thing : the beacon. All six members of the squad can spawn on it, you have to place before going into battle (or it'll be too obivous) and everyone paying attention can see the guys spawning from the sky and hear the beacon if they're close.

Comment

One reason why I dislike the squad spawning is that whenever I'm hiding or doing something tacticful a medic always spawn out of me shooting his m60 walking out of the bush or corner I'm hiding at.

Comment

Interesting things can happen

A: "Listen up, let's take this position right here" [A]
                              B: "Let's take that position right there" [B]
                              A: "(Nay!) Ok squad, let's attack this position" [A]
                              B: "(Uh! Uh!) Let's take that position right there" [B]
                              A: "(NO!) Listen up, let's take this position right here" [A]
                              B: "(Ummm, no!) Ok squad, let's attack this position" [B]
                              A: "(Roooaaaar!) Listen up, let's take this position right here" [A]
                              B: "Let's take this position right there" [B]

*ragequiting*

Comment

Working...
                              X