Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot transition to MW2

In short, in MW2, I get my *** kicked, hard! :dead:

In all other CoD games I was always in top 3, never played in clans but in pub games, always near the top with 3:1 ratios being a normal occurrence to me.

Then, I made a HUGE mistake of buying MW2. I am horrible at it, if I manage to get a 1:1 ratio at the end of the round, I consider that good. Usually I end with negative ratios.

The game still feels like the same old CoD but I just can't quite understand what is different... I run and gun, I get killed, I camp, I get killed...

Do I believe the lack of dedicated servers has such an adverse effect on the game?

Whenever I move it feels like I'm leaving a ghost trail behind me that can be shot. So the more I move the easier it is to hit me.

Everybody has at least half second advantage over me in reaction times, do I believe that there are suddenly so many great games in MW2 with great reaction times? I bump into an enemy and even before my first bullet flies out, I'm getting shot up. It feels like I can receive their damage without a hitch however I cannot shoot them as fast. In the other games, the moment I shoot the bullets land instantly, I know where and how to shoot and I know it will hit, in MW2, I always unsure, I can spray and nothing hits...

Also enemies come from all over the place, in team deathmatch there is never a sense that there are two teams being pitted from certain points, everyone just runs around and you can spawn anywhere, it's like a deathmatch where you can't kill half the team.

Is it all because of the lack of servers? or are there just better players in MW2 or does it require a specific gameplay style? it's a very frustrating game for me right now, I wish I had never bought it.

Re: Cannot transition to MW2

I think anyone just starting out now in MW2 will have a hard time. Only b/c most people have all the unlocks now which means better guns.

Comment

Yeah, that and all the glitches and hacks make it harder also.

On top of that you dont know how your connection really is and can change anyway at any time.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Another thing that will give you a disadvantage is not knowing the maps in and out. Maybe try camping.

Comment

I didn't just buy MW2, I've had for quite a white now, I know the maps, I have unlocks... atleast enough.

It's just that everyone beats me to the shot and spawns are idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
            I didn't just buy MW2, I've had for quite a white now, I know the maps, I have unlocks... atleast enough.

It's just that everyone beats me to the shot and spawns are idiotic.
            I have noticed that as well. No matter if I get the draw on them or not they still kill me dead.

Comment

Dude i have the same problem. i hate mw2 I just stopped playin it. I was top 2 usually 1 in cod4 but in mw2 I am not, and I have no clue why. Maybe **** maps?

Comment

I transitioned from Battlefield 2 to MW2 and for me it was HARD!!!!! you see, the biggest difference in MW2 is that the developers obviously designed the game and maps to prevent camping as well as spawn camping. this is why everytime you shoot you show up on the enemy's radar just like in real life, every time you shoot you give away your position. The killcam adds to this.

Also, the maps are designed so that no matter where you are, you can get outflanked. this means that there are VERY little spots on maps where it is "profitable" for you to just sit there and pick off enemies. There's always a way to outflank you and take you out. In Battlefield 2 there were TONS of camping spots which added to the tension in the game. Often times, you knew that if you poked your head out at the wrong time, you'd get killed. I found this VERY realistic and there would be times where one sniper could hold down and entire squad. I've seen it and it was kinda fun to watch.

the one thing I like about the game is that unlike BF2, I can point my sidearm or UMP45 at an enemy who is all the way across the map and there's a good chance I can kill him IF I am aiming at him and if I land my shots correctly. BF2 never had this realism probably because the maps are so big.

All in all I like MW2 for the fun factor. BF2 is a bit more realistic.... I just wish they'd get rid of the RETARDED unstoppable jets and attack choppers. Those factors ruined the game IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                  the one thing I like about the game is that unlike BF2, I can point my sidearm or UMP45 at an enemy who is all the way across the map and there's a good chance I can kill him IF I am aiming at him and if I land my shots correctly. BF2 never had this realism probably because the maps are so big.
                  BF2 is more real in that regard IMO, the bullet travel and bullet drops are much more realistic. Killing an enemy across the map with a pistol is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
                    Killing an enemy across the map with a pistol is not a good thing.
                    totally agree with you there BUT, in MW2 we're only talking about 100 meters at the most... Unless you're using a sniper kit with a powerful scope. Then we're talking across the map. the reason the maps in the BF series don't allow this is because the large maps are KMS across, not just 200-300 meters across.

Another thing I found VERY hard to get used to was the reaction times.. You have to be MUCH MUCH quicker in MW2. you have to think quicker and process situations quicker than in BF. I like this because it keeps my brain in shape.

Comment

Go buy BC2 and become happy with yourself.

Comment

I was the other way around, average at cod 4 but great at MW2.
                        What does that say about me? *Braces*

Comment

Played MW2 through free Steam weekend. Anyone who likes this game has to check their game preferences and their intellect.

Over half of the people I saw were complete idiots. Level design is horrible and promotes camping. Theres no way to get a good score with running and gunning. Its all about attempting to outflank and sit in a profitable position until spawns switch. A lot of people are content with just sitting in a dark corner and every time you cross them, it dents your momentum if you are a mobile player. But once the more open and less campable maps set in, those players are dead.

A lot of bitching and moaning by the players. But ultimately what was frustrating was the size of hitboxes (to smooth the effects of P2P play) and realizing that the level design and spawns are so terrible, that a good player will get killed by much worse players too easily.

I found myself quickly playing for killstreak awards only, at which point I just stopped playing. I challenge anyone to tell me one good thing about the game, or one thing which makes it superior compared to MW2. In short, anyone who actually likes this game is an idiot. If this is the future of the FPS genre, Im going to have to start looking for a new hobby.

Comment

Working...
                          X