Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R9 goes Live

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    We have just sent out servers labelled R9 to the server providers.
    Our initial plan of forcing PB to be ON when ranked mode is enabled has been delayed until R10. This is to allow us to gather some extra information from Punkbuster enabled servers to ensure all PB related issues are gone before we switch to PB ON = Ranked.

The other changes are as follows:

* admin.say command implemented
    - the output currently looks a bit funky on the game client, like so: Player: [Server]: <text>
    but with the next game client it will look like: Server: <text>
    * admin.yell to squad has changed (you need to specify both team and squad)
    * squad numbering has changed – the “no squad” squad has ID 0, and real squads are 1 and up.
    * Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job.
    * mapList* commands reworked
    * banList* commands reworked
    * listPlayers command added
    * admin.listPlayers command reworked (GUID, kills, deaths, ping and score added)
    * Players have non-PB GUIDs now (these are distinct from PB GUIDs)
    * onChat event reworked
    - now it specifies target player subset as well
    - shows text before profanity filtering
    - client-originated chat messages starting with “/” make it to the server, and broadcast via onChat, but are not broadcast to other game clients
    - use “/!<command>” if you want to be able to send commands to your homemade rcon tools without showing the commands to other players
    * player.onAuthenticated added
    * player.onSquadChange, player.onTeamChange implemented
    * Couple of crash fixes
    * Support for “region” setting
    * banList.save bugfixed
    * mapList.nextLevelIndex is always pointing out which map will be run during the next round (so during round 1 on a 2-round map, the nextLevelIndex will point to the map currently being played)
    * exposed number of rounds per maps in maplist.txt, and via the remote admin commands

Example maplist:

RUSH
    levels/mp_012gr # runs with default number of rounds for the map
    levels/mp_012gr 0 # runs with default number of rounds for the map
    levels/mp_012gr 1 # run 1 round
    levels/mp_012gr 2 # run 2 rounds
    levels/mp_012gr 3 # run 3 rounds

Example console commands:

mapList.append levels/mp_012gr # add map with default number of rounds
    mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 0 # add map with default number of rounds
    mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 1 # add map with 3 rounds
    mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 2 # add map with 3 rounds
    mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 3 # add map with 3 rounds
    mapList.list # get maplist
    -> OK “levels/mp_012gr” “levels/mp_012gr” “levels/mp_012gr”

mapList.list magic_extra_argument_which_will_be_named_in_an_hou r_or_so # get maplist, including number of rounds
    -> OK “levels/mp_012gr” “0” “levels/mp_012gr” “3” “levels/mp_012gr” “0” # get pairs of <mapname, number of rounds> where 0 = default for that gamemode

serverInfo
    -> OK <stuff that is shown already today> “2” # After the current round finishes, there are 2 rounds left to play on the current map
    Let see how well this version of AB works.

mapList.list magic_extra_argument_which_will_be_named_in_an_hou r_or_so # get maplist, including number of rounds
    :laugh:

Re: R9 goes Live

Looks like they changed their minds on the timing. They said before that they didn't want to release it at the end of the week, just in case there were problems. Maybe they're still holding off on the client update for that reason.

Comment

I was playing on a server with it earlier and the autobalance works MUCH better now.

Still nothing about the Garand stats though

Comment

A feature i want to see (like autobalance) but wut it dose is wait tell a team wins 2 or more games in a row and then shuffle the teams, that way one team isnt crushing the other team every round

Comment

its funny about the PB, we have it on but listed off and caught 3 cheaters already lol one of them was the first time he`d ever played the game..

Comment

Originally posted by [CR]R|Cpt.Starcraft
            A feature i want to see (like autobalance) but wut it dose is wait tell a team wins 2 or more games in a row and then shuffle the teams, that way one team isnt crushing the other team every round
            If the teams are unbalanced mid round a message will appear in the middle of the screen stating so and the AB will switch people to make up the difference. This AB works both mid-round and end of round if 1 side is greater than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by [CR]R|Cpt.Starcraft
              hmmmm. this

Comment

I had 16 people on my server earlier and it never filled up.

I've read there are problems still with servers not showing up in the browser.

Comment

Still no chat while dead. >.> This really takes away from the social factor ingame, I hardly ever type when alive because I either want to be as useful as possible or am in danger of being dead. I really hope they bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    If the teams are unbalanced mid round a message will appear in the middle of the screen stating so and the AB will switch people to make up the difference. This AB works both mid-round and end of round if 1 side is greater than the other.
                    Yea but that still dosnt fix Skill stacking (like a bunch of good people on one side even tho the teams are even)(been on alot of pubs and this has happen and it just makes people want to quit the server on the losing team) so like i said after X amount of rounds are won the teams get shuffle

Comment

Working...
                    X