Constant Disconnects from games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Disconnects from games

Anyone else getting disconnected from server messages while playing? I'll be in a game for 5-10 minutes and then get kicked to the main menu with a message telling me I was disconnected.

I've tried restarting my router/modem, undoing the firewall, reinstalled the game, updated pb, etc. It all started after the last patch. Any body?

Re: Constant Disconnects from games

bump

Wow, no one has any suggestions or know what the server connection problem is related to?

Comment

I have a lot of ideas as to why. If it is doing this for every game you play then you have a network related issue. The only PC thing you can try is updating your network card. Everything else is checking your cables, updating your modem/router firmware, and contacting your ISP to test your line.

The only downside to this theory is if it does not happen in any other server based game.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thought so too at first, but I'm able to play all other multiplayer games fine. Only happens in BBC2. That's why I think it's a server side error cause by the recent R8 patch. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem.

Comment

Well, I can't be the only one. I found this thread yesterday and it might be helpful to someone on here...wasn't for me though.

Comment

It could be from the R8 server thing, but I get a disconnect once in a long while, not all the time. If you are getting disconnected on every server every time, I don't think its the server patch.

Just last night I got the same message and reconnected and was fine the rest of the evening.

R9 should be out within the next two weeks. If you want to wait til then to see, I guess thats fine, but I dont know anyone else who has this constant issue like you do.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              R9 should be out within the next two weeks. If you want to wait til then to see, I guess thats fine, but I dont know anyone else who has this constant issue like you do.

Crunch
              Well, they released it today. I guess you will get to see if R8 was the issue a bit faster

Crunch

Comment

You know what? I played for 4 straight hours....Looks like R8 was the issue

Comment

Well good!

Im glad thats all it was. I wonder why a server patch will affect some and not others? I would think it would affect all on the server.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                  X