UAV/Crate exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAV/Crate exploit

I don't know if this is considered aglitch, exploit or legitimate game tactic; but on a map like Port Valdez/Rush when the attacker is able to destroy a crate almost instantly by crashing a UAV into it, it's pretty annoying. They take both crates in like 1.5 minutes and there isn't a person in sight, just a UAV fliying into bldg windows and crashing into the crate. This needs to be looked at. No way in hell a UAV crashing into the crate should take 3 3/4 of the damage meter of a crate and at times all from what I've seen.

Re: UAV/Crate exploit

I will be sure to check into it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

By crate, do you mean the assets? or the stationary useless cubes that expose my head when I use as cover.

Comment

I can assure you it's happening. There would be no other way they are getting the crates so fast. I'm talking about starting a game and one and a half minutes later after the UAV crashes into B and tank decimates A. No other explanation for it. They did it for the 5 or so rounds I was there. I was dumb founded. One second I see someone has activated a crate. It explodes 2 seconds later after watching a UAV crash into and proceed to crash in to the rest. The only positive out of the situation was that I knife the sucker a few times while he was on the UAV station. But it's not right.

Comment

he means the MCON stations. I remember seeing a video about this during the beta on you tube. I would consider it an exploit. I have yet to see anyone do this in game but i mostly play conquest.

Comment

What about sticking a few C4 sticks on the UAV and flying into the MCOM then detonate? That's legitimate isn't?

Comment

I never noticed crashing it, but people put C4 on them and detonate them.

Comment

Sounds like an exploit to me. I've yet to experience it though. Shouldn't it be really easy to take out a UAV (why does "an UAV" sound so weird?) before it gets to a MCOM; they have almost no health.

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                What about sticking a few C4 sticks on the UAV and flying into the MCOM then detonate? That's legitimate isn't?
                I would probably just call that another jihad tactic. I consider them legitimate (I can't tell you how many times I used a jihad jeep to take out a walker or tank in BF2142), but I bet some servers would kick/ban you for it.

Comment

Crate....lol

Comment

crate... NO
                    MCON... NO
                    MCOM... YES

and explosives cannot destroy MCOM so quick. they made the change from beta so that it took a lot of explosives to destroy it.

however, as for UAV hellfire missile, it takes around 8-10 missiles to blow up the MCOM. it certainly takes more than 1.5 minutes.

not sure about how much crashing the UAV damages the MCOM though.

Comment

Those who are loading really fast can easily take the quad bike and arm the B MCOM station very fast, easily blown up within 1,5 minutes, and the A MCOM station is destroyed by destroying the house it's in by a tank. 1,5 minutes there sounds a bit fast though.

Comment

There needs to be a countdown timed start for rush mode given how load times differ so drastically. On conquest it's not as critical, but on Rush defense I generally spawn and I'm looking at 2 tanks, a couple of squads, and both first line MCOM stations already blaring.

And frankly given how many guys seem to come in after me, my load times are probably pretty average.

Comment

hey no Conquest need a cooldown too, I downgraded to DX9 especially for that reason, tired of loading up the map to already have the opponents captured the flags

Comment

Maybe try servers closer to where you live and/or with a lower ping? I usually load somewhat decently, certainly not the last and occasionally the first.

Comment

it not location related, it a well known problem for those who have ATi cards that have slower loading time, it affect less those with recent hardware tho. Believe me, I always choose the closest ping on all my games.

After switching to DX9, I'm almost always first on the game and even then, I am the first capturing the flag nearest the enemy base . So to me it can be an exploit at some point because depending how fast you load, you can even lay mines on the enemy base before they are even aware of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X