Neostead Railcannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neostead Railcannon

Right I tried out the Neostead 2000 with Sabot/slugs and magnum ammo. It is absolutely insane. You get no fancy sights or anything, but it will instant-kill people on every hit it seems, even at 100+ metres away. If you want to try out something different or miss your Quake 3 railgun give this a go.

Re: Neostead Railcannon

i've been sniped by shotguns from what seemed like sniper rifle range on HC. 1 shot killed me, i don't know how much health i had at the time though.

Comment

AFAIK the Neostad is no different than the 870 and SPAS-12 except with regards to reload time.
      Even with magnum ammo, you need a headshot to kill at long range. Unless you are playing HC, in which case all weapon balance is void anyway.

Comment

Yes my apologies I did some more testing and while it's still lethal and seems to instakill up close it's not quite as useful for sniping people in normal mode. That was a HC server I tried it on at first.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilP
          Yes my apologies I did some more testing and while it's still lethal and seems to instakill up close it's not quite as useful for sniping people in normal mode. That was a HC server I tried it on at first.
          /facepalm

Comment

Yea, however it does resemble the rail gun - because it takes headshots to kill at long range.

Comment

I have hit reg issues with this gun, close range within 5 ms, it does not want to register. Had to use knife after two tries dead on hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                I have hit reg issues with this gun, close range within 5 ms, it does not want to register. Had to use knife after two tries dead on hit.
                Yea, all the shotguns themselves are very very random.

Comment

Guess others are spray and pray for me it's pray and hit!

Comment

Working...
                  X