Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange point per kit glitch (maybe not a glitch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange point per kit glitch (maybe not a glitch)

I dont know if this is a glitch or if it was truly intended. but did anyone notice that when they select a kit, say recon. when you play with that kit, it should give points to the kit as obvious. but when you run and see a kit on the ground from a dead soldier and pick it up, lets say medic kit. the kills and points you get from that medic kit still count toward the recon class no matter what happened.

the other day i went out as an assault, and found a lovely M60 on the ground ( i went off on a 11 killstreak and like 8 revives) but all points went to my assault kit.

Glitch or was this intended? did anyone else notice this?

(note: sorry if i refer to them as kits, idk if they still call them that in BC2, but i played alot of 2142 so..)

Re: Strange point per kit glitch (maybe not a glitch)

Wasn't it like that in 2142 also? You choose the class and only change the weapon loadout when you pick kit from the ground.

Comment

no i remember it actually worked correctly, at least from my experience

Comment

I think its intended as you will also notice that if you are a recon with your ghille and pick up a medics kit you still have your sniper ghille suit on. I think changing kit is literally that, you change your weapons and equipment etc but remain whatever type of player you were before which in your case was recon.

Comment

Mines also only give you credit with whatever loadout you currently selected when you get a kill. I placed a couple of mines, then switched to Recon for C4, and the mines go off. I get killed without planting the C4 and go back to engi for the rest of the round. In my end of round summary, Recon had 180 points. 1 vehicle kill, 1 vehicle damage and 1 kill. 180 points with recon from a mine.

Comment

hmm...then maybe its not a glitch but actually intended, it actually makes sense now that i think about it. your loadout is what you get, all you do is pick up a diff. gun

Comment

Yeah, but you aren't just picking up a different gun. You assume that role completely. If you just picked up the other gun, you wouldn't suddenly be able to heal/revive or resupply or repair.

Comment

Yes but you pick up there equipment aswell, you dont all of a sudden go to a changing room and put on their clothes too so essentially you still have the same kit with a different loadout.

Comment

Working...
                X