Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your 'success rate' with the Server Browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your 'success rate' with the Server Browser?

By this, I mean how many times do you turn on BFBC2 and actually manage to get online within 30 minutes, without having to reset the game, or just giving up completely.

EDIT: I voted 2/5 times...but in reality its probably worse as there are certain times of the day that I simply wouldn't even bother trying (yes, other games are just fine for me any time of day).

Re: What is your 'success rate' with the Server Browser?

I only had problems at first when the game was just coming online, but its worked perfectly ever since the first day.

Granted the server browser still sucks and doesn't show ping for some reason...

Comment

in the beginning I had a bit of trouble but mine shows pings etc and I can find servers quite comfortably

I can pretty much predict as well which servers have reserved slots most of the time, I just wish the browser showed them like in BF2

Comment

i still get a lot of "server is full" messages on 28/32 servers. so much that i expect it most of the time and i feel really lucky when i actually can get in.

Comment

Server browser works for me but I wish they would just fix a couple of basic items most notably the filters. I want to search servers by those that run PB. I want the history to actually reflect my history on various servers, it seem spotty at best and last of all, I'd like to be able to 'favorite' a server.

Comment

I don't have any problems getting into servers that have available slots. Sometimes it's hard to find a server with an open slot even if it says it's open on the server browser. I don't really blame the browser for this as I generally assume there are probably 100+ other guys trying to get into that one slot at the same time I'm trying to do it as well.

For some of the servers that I really like to play on, I've had pretty good success clicking "join" even if the browser says that it's full.

Comment

I voted 4 simply because i still cant add favourites properly and when i do they show up as grayed out in the list which is annoying, other than that im happy

Comment

The only time I have had issues is when the EA master server failed.

Beyond that, it is annoying having to run Steam as Administrator in order for pings to be displayed, but I can deal with that.

The 28/32 issue is annoying as well, but that is because admins of those server make dedicated slots for themselves but it doesnt show up as full.

Comment

It works great for me and has done so ever since that update 3 days after the game was released or whatever. Still a bit buggy with showing pings and stuff like that.

Comment

Where's the "I dont use the Server Browser anymore" option,,

Nah on the rare occasion that I actually use the browser it works all the time,

Comment

half time , because I play only with friends, and we need more than one slot. Refresh, find server, minutes later at last a good ping 25/32, click... server full. Damn reserved slots. Refresh again, same routine... grr.

Comment

As far as finding a game, it has worked very well for me after a patch or two. Its still very buggy and needs a lot of work.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Agreed. It is better than before, but there are plenty of things DICE can do to improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat

By this, I mean how many times do you turn on BFBC2 and actually manage to get online within 30 minutes, without having to reset the game, or just giving up completely.

EDIT: I voted 2/5 times...but in reality its probably worse as there are certain times of the day that I simply wouldn't even bother trying (yes, other games are just fine for me any time of day).
                            30 minutes to find a game? What are you 80? It might take me 5-8 minutes tops to find a game and that's if the server browser is acting really stupid. Usually it's check my options do a filter search and i am off playing. Even quicker if i play on my own server. I admit the server browser needs work but your post is a little over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              I voted 4 simply because i still cant add favourites properly and when i do they show up as grayed out in the list which is annoying, other than that im happy
                              Speaking of being grayed out, do those servers happen to have any special characters in the name or spaces? I noticed the ones grayed out for me seem to have that.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X