Does Conquest need more tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Conquest need more tickets?

I normally play Rush, but for the times i do play Conquest it seems like the games go by too quick. Even in games where the teams are very balanced skill wise the games don't seem like they last as long as a Rush map. Also, it seems like unless you are constantly capping and re capping flags, the points you get in Conquest are much lower than Rush. Am i just playing this format wrong? Or does it seem that way to you guys? Thoughts?

Re: Does Conquest need more tickets?

Thought....Conquest maps need to be bigger. End thought.

Comment

Those maps and numbers are designed for 16p game, not 32p.

Comment

I would prefer we start with say 200 or 300 tickets for some of the bigger player games as 100 simply isnt enough, in a 32 man server every player only has to die 2 or 3 times before the game is up :/

Comment

Higher ticket count doesn't make the conquest maps less **** so ticket count increase make little difference.

Seriously though, if the maps weren't so ****, I think 150tickets would be good as to not having to play 30 minutes per side on one map like in 2142.

Comment

There are lots of servers with tickets above 100. I think 150 seems like the most I've seen, and if its fairly even teams matches can go for around 20 mins, and it ends up feeling a lot like battlefield 2. 100 tickets when one team is getting served is definitely not enough, some times it's hard to get a come back going.

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
            The ticket numbers maybe, however almost all the maps would be basically empty with 16 players, and if some of them would be any bigger you would run into the same problem crysis had, huge stages with tiny pockets of fighting with zero flow to the battle, just random battles when you actually come across a few enemies.

Comment

Map size is fine, ticket count can increase to 150.

When one side caps two flags and holds them, the other side tickets drop rapidly, sometimes hard to break even.

One match, my team's ticket went from 86 to 71 in 4 minutes.

Comment

I would prefer a higher ticket count, but it isn't terrible. I've played a few that started at 150 tickets. That seems decent.

Comment

It's a combination of map size, player count and ticket count. A 32 player server on White Pass will more than likely be a quick game since getting from one base to another is very quick. On the flip side, a 16 player Panama Canal could take longer. I would first want bigger maps, which would hopefully lead to more tickets. For the smaller maps, I just want them over quicker.

Comment

You will be needing 150 tickets. That's 30 minutes of playing time. I think its worth it.

Comment

So let me clarify: If you lose a ticket for every death, what is the point of capturing the bases?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                        So let me clarify: If you lose a ticket for every death, what is the point of capturing the bases?
                        Faster Ticket bleed.

ooh seen the dates on this lil bump eh, this is a void subject now anyways since you can increase the Conquest ticket count.

Comment

Yup been playing on 180tickets servers lately.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes more tickets and bigger maps,stfu dice on a fast paced game lol

Comment

Since the new patch , the admins were given the option to increase the tickets to there liking, at least that is how I understood it.

Comment

Working...
                              X