Are the Motion Sensors bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are the Motion Sensors bugged?

When will they come with the IDS upgrade?

Comment

sadly they are an underused tool, snipers (I meant snipers not recon) are typically too chicken**** or far away to use them anyway

and in the event that a miracle takes place and they move to the front they never throw them anyway, I bet a lot of people think they are nades or something

but they have saved me plenty of times, in places such as the lightouse on Valp, you can chuck one to check a place out, or watch your back, the other day I was defending on valp as assault but got stuck at the lighthouse as they took the mcoms, went in, killed an enemy sniper that was in there and basically kit switched (kept both the kits going by switching frequently), could resupply my motion sensors as I was assault and would basically keep throwing them down, if I heard a beep I parachuted out the back of the lighthouse with my assault kit, waited with the 40mm shotgun and blew the guy away Go back upstairs and just snipe the enemy team in the back

but yeh they don't show up on the 3d map, which I think is best tbh, its easy enough to check the map anyway and notice where people are, the beep is the best feature though, helps me know if I am being detected by a motion sensor as well

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
        When will they come with the IDS upgrade?
        lol oh man that would aid my sniping so much

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          I have started to play a bit Recon, mainly to take advantage of the camo and motion sensors.
          But once in a while I will throw the motion sensor and see the animation play without anything actually happening. And when I retry I will not have used any sensors.
          Have anybody else noticed this? It happens quite often, I would guess as much as one in ten.
          Had this happen off and on yesterday while playing as recon on a couple of conquest maps. Seemed to happen when i was in areas with high player activity with particle, smoke effects, and explosions going off in close proximity. The throwing animation happens just like you said but no sensor deploys. I've also noticed that the recharge icon on the sensor box glitches as well. It goes to full and i have 2 sensors yet when i got to throw one the icon goes to zero and recharges again. So i figure it's either a glitch due to ping to the host server not seeing the senors or the particle effects actually bugging the action. When the sensor deploys i always hear the 'motion deployed' comm chatter but when it glitches nothing, so I'm going with some type of lag or code related error.

It's not all the time but enough to warrant a look by the developers.
          "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
            but yeh they don't show up on the 3d map, which I think is best tbh, its easy enough to check the map anyway and notice where people are, the beep is the best feature though, helps me know if I am being detected by a motion sensor as well
            They certainly do show up on the mini map. When the enemy passes through the motion sensor arc they light up dark orange on the 3d map. They also get the big triangle over their head.

Comment

you sure?

they get shown on the mini maps but I didn't think they got the triangle above their head on the 3d map

Comment

Could it be a lag issue?

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                  Could it be a lag issue?
                  I wondered that as well as people standing still? No one mentioned that. I know I have ambushed people thinking no one was in the building or only one person and next thing you know there is an additional gun in the fight.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                  X