Are the Motion Sensors bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Motion Sensors bugged?

I have started to play a bit Recon, mainly to take advantage of the camo and motion sensors.
    But once in a while I will throw the motion sensor and see the animation play without anything actually happening. And when I retry I will not have used any sensors.
    Have anybody else noticed this? It happens quite often, I would guess as much as one in ten.

Re: Are the Motion Sensors bugged?

I haven't had anything like that, but I have had it where I throw a senser, it shows no one is near, and then people are actually there :/

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
      I haven't had anything like that, but I have had it where I throw a senser, it shows no one is near, and then people are actually there :/
      That's because they're camping, and not moving at all.

Comment

that never happened to me. Maybe its because they stopped. When i notice the "beep" of a enemy censor i allways stop and crouch so it wont detect me. maybe its that.

Comment

I use them often but find that you get given 2, however if you throw both the second one thrown counters the first and so you only ever get one at a time scanning?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
            I use them often but find that you get given 2, however if you throw both the second one thrown counters the first and so you only ever get one at a time scanning?
            that is correct, only one scanning at a time. With the grenade upgrade you can carry 3 sensors. They also can be replenished by an assault supply crate

Comment

i always toss the motion sensors, but i find them being very..useless, like what EXACTLY do they do because when i play nothing ever happens

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                That's because they're camping, and not moving at all.
                I have had instances where I am being chased, a drop a Motion Senser, a C4, keep running, look at the motion sensor and don't see the guy come up, then in the range of the sensor he runs up and knifes me :///////

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
                  i always toss the motion sensors, but i find them being very..useless, like what EXACTLY do they do because when i play nothing ever happens
                  Only DICE knows exactly how they work but my experience is this:
                  They emit a pulsating circle on the minimap. Moving enemies within that circle will be displayed with the usual spotted triangle (minimap only, not 3D map). Those who are detected hear a loud ping, alerting them to the presence of a sensor.

Comment

they work all the time for me. +20 points per motion sensor kill! I just run and jump throw them as far as i can. They even work when passing over buildings with enemies inside. Another good reason to throw them up high is they are harder to spot when flying over an area vs placing one on the ground.

Comment

so...its basically like the motion sensing mines from BF2142?

Comment

I throw them around my perimeter, creating a 20 m safe zone in case someone try to enter my house and knife me They beep quite loud when someone approaches.

Or, occasionally, I play a prank and throw them at the enemy who think they are grenades and run. Of course, I can track their movement.

Comment

They can be useful but so many people tend to forget they have them.

Comment

it'd be so awesome if they also doubled as motion mines from 2142. :laugh:

Comment

make recon even more overpowered :P

Comment

Working...
                              X