No announcement yet.

Effect going from BFBC2 back to BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Effect going from BFBC2 back to BF2.

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
    couldn't bring him down before he knifed me in the face.
    lmao good ol' BF2 knifing. I'm still proud of my 5,000 knife kills in that game. I miss jumping off of buildings on 'Road to JaLAWLabad' with my knife.

Comment

Used to squad up with three mates in BF2. Now 3 of us have BC2, but if all four are playing we go back to BF2 (only fair, he doesn't have £600 for an upgrade). We were playing on Sunday night and I'm making jokes over voip asking where the jump button is - my controls for the two games are at different ends of the keyboard so I am a bit rusty in BF2. I thought I was going to get creamed. Halfway through the round I checked the scores and I was second top on the server with about 45 players. I'm a fairly average player despite over four years of practice and thought how the hell did that happen? I finished the round with a silver star, top squad and four mentions in the stats.

My mate's explanation was "All the good players have left BF2".

What's your experience?

Comment

I have been commanding more, which I miss in BC2, trying to get the war college ribbon. Only around 2000 commander points to go.

Comment

Let's just leave it at the fact that BF2 was so great it doesn't even need a sequel... yet. I have a feeling EA and Dice are gong to try something fishy soon, like Battlefield Bad Company 2169 THE FUTURE IS NOW! XD

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
            Let's just leave it at the fact that BF2 was so great it doesn't even need a sequel... yet. I have a feeling EA and Dice are gong to try something fishy soon, like Battlefield Bad Company 2169 THE FUTURE IS NOW! XD
            Can't wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2169. I want to blow holes in bulding with PK rockets from inside out.

Comment

OMG i just spent over an hour typing on how EPIC BF2 is compared to BC2, pressed wrong key and it was gone.
              Ill be re-typing it soon.

Come on DICE us PC players deserve it. You would be UNKNOWN if not for us BF2 players, respect where its deserved!!!
              Console games might make you money, but us PC gamers got you in that position, give us some respect and get BF3 in the works.
              Im willing to spend a grand on PC again lol

Comment

You dont deserve anything. You got BF2, there you go. Buying previous games does not entitle anyone to some future game of their own design. When BF3 comes out you will have to pay for it and whatever bugs are in it will also be a burden to bare until patches fix it or destroy it further.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by System
                  Agreed,

I actually find myself doing quite the opposite in this thread, I GO BACK TO BF2.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing BC2 and all but sometimes the whole destruction with buildings is just a tad too much for me, and I like the old school BF2 for less shooting @ walls with noob tubes/rocket launchers hoping for a free easy kill or two.

And I am going to say it, BF2 infantry is much better then BC2. Want to know why? It's simple. BC2 is pure lonewolf style of play - no teamwork. The chat commands for yelling out for ammo or health are so quiet I often find myself shooting @ my team m8 hoping he will turn around or just waiting until he dies to use his kit. The squads suck, I wish it was 6 man squads again with a squad leader who pinpoints where the squad goes and he is the only one that can be spawned on. Bc2 is like sloppy seconds on the hoe working the corner, everyone does w/e they want in the squad.

As for you people who say bf2 hit reg is bad, have you actually played it since the last patch? I almost couldn't play it anymore because i died so fast in IO now. No offence, but you have to really suck if you can't kill a guy 10ft in front of you.

My only beef with Bf2 is the claymore and nade spaming. Nothing ticks me off more then a noob spamming clays on flags and then hoping around throwing nades at his feat. It really annoyes me more when I see he is a high rank.

And lastly, grow up with this server is broken nonesense crap on bf2. First off, the server browser ACTUALLY WORKS in bf2 unlike bc2. Secondly, these are private servers - meaning they have a life span for only as long as the community supports them. Of course your local servers are going to go under as time goes on. It's an old game, get use to it and find a new fav server or better yet, start handing out your credit card numbers and help keep them going if you think its so bad.

But don't come on here and make this statement that you can't find a server when I go on at what ever time I want to and find a server in less then a few minutes after opening the game.

PS. BC2 doesn't have jets either, lame.
                  Agreed, well spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    You dont deserve anything. You got BF2, there you go. Buying previous games does not entitle anyone to some future game of their own design. When BF3 comes out you will have to pay for it and whatever bugs are in it will also be a burden to bare until patches fix it or destroy it further.

Crunch
                    The sad thing about that statement...it is not the cost of the game, it is the cost of having to upgrade your rig for a game that has spotty code. When BF2 came out, you could play it with all the settings turned down on fairly decent machine, but you still needed to upgrade it because there was a sweet spot with it having 2GB of RAM. And, at the time, who really needed that much power in a gaming rig? I can understand the argument that if you are a gamer, you'll upgrade somewhat often, but seriously, why do you have to upgrade to cover software code issues?

DiCE seems to have a tradition of making fun games with spotty code. BF1942 was spotty, BF2 was full (red-tag, AA-missiles, CTD), BC2, well, it seems the most stable I've seen so far. I own Mirror's Edge, and haven't looked yet.

I am so skeptical of DiCE. They seem to be really trying to win back a reputation, but I'll always bash them for years to come from all there antics of the last decade. They have proven to me to not be a leader. They make really 'fun' games, but that does not always make up for the other deficits they saddle players with.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
                      I agree. BF2 feels like how a 5 year old game should feel - Old!

I can't play BF2 ever again. I will always enjoy the memories, but the game is just .... not good.
                      I would still go back to BF2 but the airwhores ruined it for allot of us...... Thank God you can shoot them down in COD

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                        I remember J-10, and I still feel being violated.
                        I remember taking out J10 after J10 on a 24/7 Dragon Valley server with an F35.

Originally posted by AKULA
                        I would still go back to BF2 but the airwhores ruined it for allot of us...... Thank God you can shoot them down in COD
                        Also :awes

Comment

I tried BC2 and hated it. The lack of a prone button really annoyed me and I hate the new kits. I shouldn't have to unlock everything and I hate not being able to play medic or recon with an assault rifle (I could probably unlock it but I don't feel like playing the game long enough). It also seems to me like BFBC2 is more for players who spend a lot of time on the game since I've noticed that almost every time I get killed its by a general or someone high ranking. The only things I really like about BC2 is the destructible terrain and the single player campaign.

I was forced to quit BF2 a while back since I lost my serial number but now that I have a much better machine and a new disk and serial number I plan on installing BF2, patching, and getting back to the best battlefield game ever.

Comment

Just re-intalled BF2 today, the first time in about a year, and I feel a sense of nastalgia. Just played a round of Karkand, but bunny hoppers are rampant. That's one thing I do not miss.
                            Battlelog; jeffb7

Comment

Originally posted by System
                              ...but you have to really suck if you can't kill a guy 10ft in front of you.
                              no you don't "have" to suck, you could just suffer from the cone-of-fire gimpiness that causes 27 of your 30 bullets to go wide.

Comment

Working...
                              X