Effect going from BFBC2 back to BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect going from BFBC2 back to BF2.

I have been playing BF2 for almost 5 years, and BFBC2 for only 3 weeks. However, going back to play BF2 after BFBC2 is almost impossible.

I am sure I would still do well in the Jets/Helis, but the infantry game in BF2 is serioulsy nerfed. I am shooting the hell out of people in BF2, who are only standing 10-foot away at most, and nothing is happening. Have I really been putting up with such a nerfed game for so long and just not noticed it, or has less than 30 hours of playing another shooter totally thrown my knack in BF2?

I have sworn by BF2 as being an all time great shooter, but I cannot imagine myself going back to it now, ever.

Also, anyone noticed how totally broke the BF2 server has become? Never used to be as bad as it is now.

Re: Effect going from BFBC2 back to BF2.

Yes. Its like beer goggles.

It is a great shooter and was a lot of fun.

I dont know about the server though. I am sure its affected by all the traffic as well.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thier are very few busy BF2 servers left in my locale and although I have them all saved under favourites, they are always listed as being 'offline'. If I search for them in browser, even with exact phrase for server, I can't find them. Instead I have to come out of game and find the direct IP from game-monitor and input it directly.

It never used to be this way, and was like this well before BFBC2 came out.

I have been going back to BF2 all morning.....still great when in the vehicles....but failing a few kills with the sniper rifle, I am yet to kill someone with a gun....even using only the smallest little bursts, I just can't do it...don't even get the little yellow hit marks or nothing.

I can now understand how people coming from COD4 or other shooters can find BF2 utterly deplorable. If you aim your gun and fire it at someone from within a reasonable distance, surely it is reasonable to expect the bullets to hit him? Don't know how I used to do it before, but the knack has totally left me.

Comment

The only infantry part of BF2 was the Sniping and of course the knifing. After buying an upgrade (in terms of graphics) game, BC2, there is almost no way of me returning to it. The infantry was not as good as it should've been.

Comment

I agree. BF2 feels like how a 5 year old game should feel - Old!

I can't play BF2 ever again. I will always enjoy the memories, but the game is just .... not good.

Comment

I got my monies worth out of BF2, but the only way to kill in BF2 is shooting in semi-auto. Which is cool as far as that goes.

I think with BC2 I'll have more fun or as much as BF2. BHing doesn't really make a difference in BC2 and nade spamming hasn't been that big of an issue for me yet either. Plus more people on the front lines and not waiting for there favorite aircraft, that's a big plus right there!

Nothing like being in a building in BC2 that's about to collapse! That's hilarious!

Comment

I quit BF2 infantry the day I played COD4 infantry the first time, hit reg was so superior I never went back to BF2.
              Now BC2 has taken another step back, I love the graphics and destruction 2.0 of BC2, but wish the infantry combat was more like COD4

Comment

2142's infantry combat was vastly improved over BF2's.

Comment

Originally posted by Talbot
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by Talbot
                    What ruined 2142 for me was the lag. It seemed to happen with the last patch that came out for it.

Comment

I play BFBC2 and BF2 quite equally lately. I have no problems going from game-to-game. Anyone that does just doesn't have the skills to play more than one game.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus
                        I play BFBC2 and BF2 quite equally lately. I have no problems going from game-to-game. Anyone that does just doesn't have the skills to play more than one game.
                        Agreed,

I actually find myself doing quite the opposite in this thread, I GO BACK TO BF2.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing BC2 and all but sometimes the whole destruction with buildings is just a tad too much for me, and I like the old school BF2 for less shooting @ walls with noob tubes/rocket launchers hoping for a free easy kill or two.

And I am going to say it, BF2 infantry is much better then BC2. Want to know why? It's simple. BC2 is pure lonewolf style of play - no teamwork. The chat commands for yelling out for ammo or health are so quiet I often find myself shooting @ my team m8 hoping he will turn around or just waiting until he dies to use his kit. The squads suck, I wish it was 6 man squads again with a squad leader who pinpoints where the squad goes and he is the only one that can be spawned on. Bc2 is like sloppy seconds on the hoe working the corner, everyone does w/e they want in the squad.

As for you people who say bf2 hit reg is bad, have you actually played it since the last patch? I almost couldn't play it anymore because i died so fast in IO now. No offence, but you have to really suck if you can't kill a guy 10ft in front of you.

My only beef with Bf2 is the claymore and nade spaming. Nothing ticks me off more then a noob spamming clays on flags and then hoping around throwing nades at his feat. It really annoyes me more when I see he is a high rank.

And lastly, grow up with this server is broken nonesense crap on bf2. First off, the server browser ACTUALLY WORKS in bf2 unlike bc2. Secondly, these are private servers - meaning they have a life span for only as long as the community supports them. Of course your local servers are going to go under as time goes on. It's an old game, get use to it and find a new fav server or better yet, start handing out your credit card numbers and help keep them going if you think its so bad.

But don't come on here and make this statement that you can't find a server when I go on at what ever time I want to and find a server in less then a few minutes after opening the game.

PS. BC2 doesn't have jets either, lame.

Comment

Originally posted by System
                          I remember J-10, and I still feel being violated.

Comment

Jets would ruin the balance of most maps plus there is too much lag to fly them well.

Comment

As for you people who say bf2 hit reg is bad, have you actually played it since the last patch? I almost couldn't play it anymore because i died so fast in IO now. No offence, but you have to really suck if you can't kill a guy 10ft in front of you.
                              Dying fast was never the problem, because I died in one shot all the time from most guns. It was killing that would sometimes take an insane amount of bullets, and it got even worse with the last patch for me. I'm all for skilled players beating up non-skilled players, but what makes me rage is when my shots don't reg and the other guy's do. Not saying this doesn't happen in BC2 (it does, to be sure), but it happened far more in BF2. I remember one round of Tampa where an AT guy saw me and started bunnyhopping straight at me, and 30 AK rounds couldn't bring him down before he knifed me in the face. I uninstalled after that game and haven't played it since.

Comment

Working...
                              X