playing for objective rather than K/D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing for objective rather than K/D

Is anyone else playing objectively over k/d in this game. Because i feel that Battlefield series are always more objectively based games compared to say MW2 which in my case has always and always will be just for k/d and going with no deaths at all.

Im sitting at a 1.16 kd ratio in bad company 2 currently, but then again im only 5 (LEVEL) and still learning. I also have only used 2 kits so far, assault and recon.

Re: playing for objective rather than K/D

I try to play both. I will not try to take objectives on my own. So it pretty much depends on the team.
    Since I don't have any friends in the region who play the same game, I am dependent on people who prefer teamwork as well.

Comment

I go for the objectives... and woa, my K/D isn't that bad.

Lesson learned - just play the game and don't sit on a hill and take potshots.

Comment

When I play objective I usually get 14-22 and sure we win but when I don't I'm usually 20-8 but we usually lose.

It's hard to choose sometimes because without any prize or label to show everyone like best Mcom defender or best mcom activator, everyones gonna be like"look at that, the newb on our team is 8-20... gee why can't everyone be as good as me 22/5".

Would be nice if they showed everyone the best kit player or flag attack etc...It helped me once, I stayed near a medic who had best medic and I was revived well and kept on going.

Comment

i always play for objectives. I get plenty of kills in the process of capping flags. You do die a little more but i like action so it fits my play style. Camping in a corner so i don't wreck my KDR is boring to me.

Comment

I never play Recon, mostly assault.

This game, camping = no kill, run and gun = plenty of it!

Comment

My K/D is bad, so I figured I might as well just go for the objectives.
              I considerer a round a success if I end up in the upper half pointwise, but in the end I found it easier to have fun if I don't worry about that kind of stuff.

It still frustrates me to no end when my team refuses to push, for fear of their precious K/D.

Comment

it depends on the competency of my team and how willing we are as a team to go for objectives. maybe they should give like 2000 pts for arming/disarming. but sometimes, i can support the team as a sniper way back in some situations, using the UAV efficiently, or taxiing guys with the blackhawk.

Comment

I try to keep my score positive but it can always be that way but when your on defense the explosive whore comes out of me :P (40mm on defense is unbeatable :P)

Comment

I play to win and have a good time. I could care less about SPM, KDR, or W/L ratio. It's about having fun with a squad of friends.

Comment

In most cases murdering the enemy is the way to win, at least that is my philosophy

I arm plenty of MCOMs, cap flags etc and am right in there

I just murder an obscene amount of people doing it

that and I have been known to whore the UAV (close to 1000kills)

murdering is fun, that and my years of CS have indeed served me well in BC2

Comment

well i am slowly learning and getting the jest of the game, found out its really effective to simply go out and be semi rambo.

bumped myself to a 1.33 from 1.16 in a matter of 2 hours. and just went 3 out of 4 rounds finishing with a 2 k/d above each

Comment

Originally posted by mrchris_cj

that and i have been known to whore the uav (close to 1000kills)
                          uav ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            My K/D is bad, so I figured I might as well just go for the objectives.
                            I considerer a round a success if I end up in the upper half pointwise, but in the end I found it easier to have fun if I don't worry about that kind of stuff.

It still frustrates me to no end when my team refuses to push, for fear of their precious K/D.
                            Your KDR can't be worse than mine. Admitted that we're a bit old for this.

Funny that I found myself getting more death while trying to avoid getting killed.

Comment

I rush forward with my teammates and my kd steadily rise.

I do use cover after every ten pace and do not move unless necessary.

Kill two enemies, relocate, kill two, relocate, wait for team reinforcements or upcoming squad spawn, repeat.

OR: We could defend the center flag on conquest, that racks up a lot of kills as well.

For Rush, my tactics change.

Rush head first to the enemy asset, let squad clan mates spawn, once they spawn, they get into defensive positions around the asset with recon, assault, medic or the Gustav Engineer, then I arm, I take run to the medic squad mate up in the attic or behind a tree.

For the next asset, we would split up and commence pincer movement around the enemy, or let the lone recon scout ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X