• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M1 Garand users sound off

Originally posted by Vreki
    I am currently trying this fix, but so far it is inconclusive:
    Win7 rubberbanding/lag spikes and hit reg fix
    I wanted to see if it helped before posting about that here. For me, a lot of things have gotten better. Before that registry tweak, I would get some stutter while watching videos on YouTube. I always thought it was just my internet or something. Since that tweak, no stutter and videos play instantly.

In-game, my hitreg seems to be so much better. I've been using it for the last four days or so. I've been seeing a lot less rubberbanding, unless everyone on the server gets it at the same time... I've been having a lot more clean knife kills and less WTF!!! moments.

One negative thing: I had one sound loop/hard lock since changing that variable. It never happened on this Windows installation before that tweak. It hasn't happened since then. But someone was talking in Vent while mortars started falling while a guy in-game screamed something about someone's momma. Hard lock with sound looping. Had to push the reset button. Like I said, it's only happened once. But the timing was a little suspicious to me.

I'll take a hard lock a week just for the improved hitreg and streaming video performance...

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
      on normal mode i have no problem dropping two guys with one clip, and even close range the garand is fine. with the .45 as backup those m60 whores dont stand a chance. the only thing i dont understand is how the garand can rock on some servers and not others (both normal servers). sometimes i can go 11-5 or better on a server with the garand and drop guys in 2-3 shots, but on some servers the garand is almost useless because of crappy hit reg. must be ping. anyway, i dont care about stats or about having the coolest strongest gun around because i feel so much better after dropping a noob with a M1 headshot than with a spray and pray uber weapon.

good to hear there are others out there who feel the same
      Ive seen this as well, just find a pub near you X_X

Comment

Really hope they fix the stats problem for this gun soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
          I don't have one and I tried to sign up but it won't work. I'm so angry because I'm a hardcore bf2 vet >.<

If it doesn't work, contact EA tech support. Mine 2142 didn't work, but I created a support ticket and they fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
            Really hope they fix the stats problem for this gun soon.
            Same I only miss like 4 medals, and there's the two bronze one in it and it seems you need the Garand bronze star for it. After that I consider this BF done until new maps.

Comment

I am aiming for gold on all weapons and the garand i want!

Comment

Working...
              X