M1 Garand users sound off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1 Garand users sound off

Hey guys, i just wanted to know who else besides me uses the M1 garand as their primary weapon for every class. I do and i am proud of it. I love to kill those m60 noobs and noobtube phags and i would love to see their faces after they see that i killed them with the WWII legend. so gentlemen, report if you use the M1!

Re: M1 Garand users sound off

I use it occasionally when both sides are at a stalemate - when both sides just try to outshoot each other from medium distances -, other than that I don't use it much. I use it occasionally in hardcore.

The Issue is:

1) Small clip
    2) Semi-auto
    3) stinks close range
    4) slow reload
    5) 3 shots to drop a typical infantry in normal mode.

Comment

small clip - make those shots count
      semi-auto - more powerful rounds make up for rate of fire
      close range - switch to .45 pistol
      slow reload - use cover
      3 shots to kill in normal mode - play hardcore

Comment

3 shots to kill a person at close range is a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
          3 shots to kill a person at close range is a bad thing?
          That's actually 3 shots to take someone down regardless of range in normal mode unless it's a head shot which is obviously a 1 shot kill. With an 8 round clip and needing 3 shots to kill someone it's actually quite useless considering there are better guns. I only use the Garand in hardcore since it takes no more than 2 shots to down someone.

I wish DICE would allow server admins to change health limits like with Cod WaW so you could have basically hardcore damage with the softcore UI without the need to change the weapon power which could end up unbalancing guns as an unintended consequence. Basically softcore would be great if everyone had maybe 20-25% less health.

Comment

i wouldn't dare go against m60's and 40mm's with M1, sorry it's just not the smart thing to do.
            let us put a scope on it and maybe i'll snipe em from far away.

Comment

I just started using it. I like it but the fast crazy pace of this game with everyone running around in circles, kind of makes me want a weapon that just mows everything down. Not much time for accuracy in this game unless your on the edge of the action looking in.

Comment

I've actually had pretty good luck using the M1 as a medic on maps like Harbor. The small clip doesn't bother me as I always shoot-reload. Never go around with half a magazine of ammo.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

IMHO both the M1 and the M14 are inferior to a pump-action shotgun with slugs.

Comment

M1 is a fav of mine but in game it sounds so crap and is way under powered,I have gold m14 and thats alot better

Comment

I don't have one and I tried to sign up but it won't work. I'm so angry because I'm a hardcore bf2 vet >.<

Comment

Perhaps you doubters shouldn't be running in like mad men?

Comment

I love the M1 its great fun to play with and actually a very good gun, the only problem for me is that the stats still dont record for it :/

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                            I don't have one and I tried to sign up but it won't work. I'm so angry because I'm a hardcore bf2 vet >.<
                            I have every battlefield Game but the only ones it worked on was bf2 and add on packs,not happy

Comment

I love my M1

Comment

Working...
                              X