Echo On In-Game VOIP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo On In-Game VOIP?

My mate is telling me that occasionally my voice has an echo on the in-game VOIP, to the point where he can't make out what I'm saying.
    It happened today, at the start of the round everything was clear then it started echoing again.

Any ideas? Anyone else had this?

Re: Echo On In-Game VOIP?

Are you using Teamspeak or Vent along with VOIP?

Comment

No, never have used them, just VOIP.

Comment

Echo can be caused by delay, like echo in a VoIP phone system. You may have to test it on some empty servers with just you and your friend and see if it happens then. Try empty servers with low ping and high.

Other than the one person, anyone else complain about it? Could be on his end as well.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks Crunch, I'll give it a try:thumbsup:

Comment

I've had issues with people that have open mics instead of push to talk and using speakers rather than headset causing loops and it echo's.

I when I first got the game I was using left alt for vent and bc2, have chnaged the key now.

Comment

Depending on your Windows version, there may also be a setting in the mixer that sends output to input.

Comment

I play BF2 with push-to-talk disabled, and use a headset round my neck for the mic, and speakers for sound. The mic occasionally pics up the speakers but nothing too bad.

I'm using the same setup for BC2 and understand the potential looping problems of a mic and speakers combination. It's just that it was fine for the first couple of weeks and even the last time it was a problem, the start of the round was ok then it started echoing.

Unfortunately I work nights so opportunities to test out variables with my mates at the other end are limited, I'll try using headset headphones instead of speakers first chance I get. Thanks for the replys.

I did have the mic on the other day but wasn't using it, then noticed a spew of text on-screen asking me to TURN MY MIC OFF! I had push-to-talk disabled and had my headset hanging round one of my speakers - oops. Yes, I am one of THOSE annoying people. Bad toad, bad toad...

Comment

Working...
                X