Did everything get laggier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did everything get laggier?

Ok i havent played since 2 days ago and i have come online to play on all the regular servers i usually play on to find that the lag has increased 10 fold?

I was putting it down to being tuesday maintenance however when i asked, people said it had been getting like this the past few days.

Has anyone else noticed?

It was so bad earlier that when using my red dot + sniper technique i had to fire 7 times whilst standing directly behind the enemy at his head before the bullet registered a hit.

Re: Did everything get laggier?

I have a recollection of being able to find at least a few servers with tolerable lag, but now it seems the same on them all. Even the ones in my favorites list.

Comment

Thats what im getting too? All the servers that are usually perfect for me now feel very sluggish?

I was on a game where i had a ping of 14 as its literally right down my road and still the game was laggy?

Im wondering if maybe they are making some tweaks on some of the stat servers.

EDIT:

Why is my post double spaced :s

Comment

I haven't noticed any increase in lag myself. About 5 or 6 days ago they released R8 on servers, maybe longer then that.

With BC2 being $20 for PAX, maybe the influx in players has caused theincrease. That happened about 2 days ago.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I noticed it a lot last night - on multiple servers. There was also some weird audio stuff going on that I hadn't experienced before.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator

Why is my post double spaced :s
            Must be the lag

Comment

Sonic also mentioned getting lag and seeing a lot of posts on the EA forums of it increasing. May not be you.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't know how accurate the pings are ingame,but if they are accurate,then it's no wonder there is always terrible lag.I never have a ping below 180 ingame,and every server I join,no matter where it is, has people with pings up to 300.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindMan
                  Must be the lag
                  lol

Comment

I'm getting some warping the last few days, is this the kind of lag you guys are talking about?

Comment

I was playing on a Chicago server from Toronto, with average 42 ping.

My PC is overkill for this game. So it's not my PC.

I was choppy around the map non-stop! It was 2 am in the morning as well, so I figure the traffic is not that heavy.

I entered a same room three times! Repeatedly!

Comment

It's the play now button malfunctioning; sometimes you check in-game; and there is one person with 400+ ping when the average is 150 to 200.

Comment

yes lag is all over the place it seems. i thought it was just me but i guess not. started yesterday.

Comment

Yes I'm getting more lag. It started after one of the patches. Sometimes I must leave servers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                              Yes I'm getting more lag. It started after one of the patches. Sometimes I must leave servers.
                              Me and a mate experienced lag last night for about an hour. It got pretty bad for a while but cleared up later on. This has been the first time I've had bad lag on the PS3 for BF apart from the end of the beta.

Comment

Working...
                              X