Lagging and Warping Like Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagging and Warping Like Crazy

I've been lagging with the result of my soldier warping all over the place. Sometimes it can take me 6-8 times to enter/exit a building, jump over a wall or try to enter a vehicle. I don't warp around so much on smaller servers but I can't even play on a 32-slot.

I've recently brought all the settings down to low, changed my resolution to 1024x768 and edited the .ini file, too. I wasn't lagging like this when the game released but now it's unplayable. My system just meets the minimum specs: C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB, 9800GTX 512kb, SB X-Fi and lots of free HDD space. I think it might be my CPU causing the bottleneck.

I did a driver update to see if that would help, but no luck. I've defragged, run CCleaner and reset my NIC and refreshed the IP. I also seem to have high latency issues and lose my connection to the server just when the fight is getting good. I'm going to put a call into Comcast and see if they can assist with the latency issue.

Anyone got any other ideas? I've been looking around for a used Q6600 cpu is that's the max my mobo can take...

Re: Lagging and Warping Like Crazy

Run a benchmark like fraps to see if the lag is caused by low FPS on your side.
    And force DX9 if you are running Vista or later.

Comment

It could also be your internet connection and nothing to do with your system.

If nothing has changed at all on your system and you are running it the exact same way you always do and you start getting warping in every server, its probably that.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I was browsing at the US EA BC2 forums and there's a 118 page thread about Connection Issues. It seems that I'm not alone...

I just tried to get into a game after plugging my enet directly into the cable modem and foregoing the router -- same issues, got disconnected twice within 5 minutes and now I'm deleting the shortcut off my desktop until they get this mess straightened out. I'd rather play my own custom BF2 mod by myself...

Comment

I've been warping lately as well.

Just on some servers, it's EA server issue.

Comment

I've been getting kicked for connection issues after 5 minutes in servers the last couple of nights. NO its not my connection because I can play for 2 straight hours with no problems, then BOOM, kicked to menu due to connection problem. It's starting to make playing this game very hard.

Comment

I've been getting warping since today. It usually goes away after the first round.

Comment

I used to have a slight lag issue when playing 2142 on my old rig which would clear up after about 10 minutes in-game. My major problem is that I normally don't get 10 minutes into a BC2 round before I lose my connection. I'm sure that there will be an update to address this issue as it appears to be affecting a large number of players.

Comment

i blame it on the influx of noobs from the $20 sale at the eastore.

Comment

Okay, I rewired my home network after running tests at SpeedTest.net and PingTest.net which showed up to a 50% packet loss! We moved into this 1890s farmhouse and didn't want to make any major alterations (like drilling holes in the walls) but I found with new cabling (WiFi not strong enough to penetrate the walls/floors) and moving the phone (!) away to a new location fixed my problems.

Now that my stats are completely buggered from weeks of warping and being insta-killed, I have a long way to go to repair them. Oh well, sounds like a good challenge!

Comment

HAHA! Glad you fixed it Sonic.

Internet issues are the worst.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                      X