Couple of Game Mechanics Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Game Mechanics Questions

I'm a three year vet of 2142 and have been playing BC2 for a few weeks now and have a few questions about its game mechanics, the answers to which I haven't been able to figure out on my own. Sorry for this super long thread, btw, but I figure its better to create one annoying thread than six.

1. Can a jumping player take damage while in mid-air? (in 2142 they could not)

2. Hardcore Crosshairs: I prefer Hardcore mode but find the lack of usable ironsights on the stationary HMGs, light-vehicle MGs, watercraft MGs, and helicopter gattling guns, and tank side-guns to make them more or less useless as they are impossible to aim. Is this the way its meant to be, or am I missing somehting?

3. Is AA really completely broken and un-fixable like I've been reading about in various forums? (soldiers, vehicles, and weapons are AA'd but buildings, fauna, and other background are not). Dunno about you guys and gals, but to me the backgrounds look like blocky mush, which adversely affects my gameplay. :hmm:

4. Is there a minimum range that 40mm grenade launchers will work? (in 2142 it was 20m or something like that for the PK rockets)

5. What exactly are Avenger Kills, Savior Kills, etc. Or is there documentation somewhere for what the various awards are?

6. Teamwork: is it me or does nobody play as a team in BC2? One of my favorite things about 2142 was the teamwork, even on pub servers. People not only joined squads but played in squads, used mics, and coordinated. Are there any Hardcore BC2 servers that pimp this style of gameplay? :salute:

Thanks!

Re: Couple of Game Mechanics Questions

1.- yes, and it's hilarious.

2.- It's by design. Namely, a design overlook; all emplaced guns are pretty much useless in HC mode.

3.- AA like in antialiasing? I can't enable it, so I can't tell.

4.- yes, 5 meters, everything beyond that is fair game.

5.- Avenger kills: Kill the enemy that killed your teammate inmediatly after. Savior: Kill an enemy that has a team mate in his sights or is actively firing at someone. Nemesis: Kill a guy 5 times in a round. Retaliation: If a guy kills you 5 times in a round, he's your nemesis, kill him to get this pin.

6.- It's hard, but you can find it; if looking in your server fails; try a new server.

Comment

To elaborate on

6. Join 21CW http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/21cw.php Or not I just seen you said HC I'm not sure what 21CW is doing about HC.

Comment

I also havent been able to get AA to work as of yet, however it might be due to other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
          1.- yes, and it's hilarious.
          Blasting someone out of the air with a shotgun is one of the highlights of the game
          Originally posted by Lordsethonan
          4.- yes, 5 meters, everything beyond that is fair game.
          And anything closer gets punched a 40mm hole. Same result, including the rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Fixer
            1. Can a jumping player take damage while in mid-air? (in 2142 they could not)

Yes, they can. I wanna know what servers are doing to themselves if this is the case. I say this because there are actually low gravity servers in 2142 these days. So who knows...

But I've died many a time in mid air in 2142, so I know it was possible :/.

Comment

6 - It's best to play with buddy or three, some voip and like any battlefield game your cooking. However if thats not doable, just keep looking for good servers, that attract those kinds of players, they are definitely out there, I've played on a few already. Heck even pay attention to the enemy team. Maybe your team is ramboing, but if the enemy team is working together, maybe it's a good server, just not on both sides.

Comment

The vehicle and stationary weaspon in HC is a huge issue and needs to be fixed. It's like a guessing game.

The same can be said for the 40mm grenade launchers in HC. The iron sights never come fully into view like when they do when you're zooming in assault rifle mode. Again, firing the 40mm becomes a guessing game.

Comment

Working...
                X