Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laguna Presa (Rush) and Arica Harbor (Conquest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna Presa (Rush) and Arica Harbor (Conquest)

Just found these on the EA BC2 Forums

Disappointed by the Arica Harbor Conquest map, could have been so amazing...

Re: Laguna Presa (Rush) and Arica Harbor (Conquest)

Pictures here

Yeah, Arica Harbor could have been expanded but I'm not sure how balanced it would have been, seems like the US would have the advantage. Plenty of people chomping at the bit for "infantry only", well now at least they get one map with that mode.

I'm still hoping that they'll release some "classic" maps for the game, or at least ones that aren't so linear but it seems Rush mode is where the map design starts and ends, then they turn them into conquest maps.

Comment

Arica harbour looks like a map catering to the IO loving noobs but meh I think the Rush version is pretty dam good anyway

that Laguna Presa in Rush looks awesome, shall be going on my clans server rotation definetly

Comment

Played those tonight... Arica Harbor is lame as **** and Laguna Presa is a great map. The amount of effort in positioning the flags on AH is just amazing. Every flag is simply in the middle of the road. Great effort Dice. :|

Comment

So do Server Admins know how to add these since people are finding servers playing them?

Comment

Im looking forward to AH conq, I get a new playground with my M95+Dot, Kinda of fed up of Lagun Presa as Conq so playing it as rush will be a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              Im looking forward to AH conq, I get a new playground with my M95+Dot, Kinda of fed up of Lagun Presa as Conq so playing it as rush will be a nice change.
              I can't see the pictures in the OP's post for some reason. Does anyone have a another pic/link?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                Glad to see my technique is catching on

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                  I can't see the pictures in the OP's post for some reason. Does anyone have a another pic/link?
                  Dangerdog posted another link right below it.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Dangerdog posted another link right below it.

Crunch
                    Ah right I thought the OP posted the actual map view rather than in game shots.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                      Glad to see my technique is catching on
                      A few in my clan are following suit

Comment

Oooh so maybe that's why I'm running more and more into charging snipers... :P I had to resrot to abusing the shotgun now.

Comment

I'm starting to think they don't give a crap about conquest mode. The maps are all incredibly lazy regarding their layouts. They're all just basically three flags spaced out evenly and that's it. No focal points or real important flags. You end up just doing a merry-go-round with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                            I'm starting to think they don't give a crap about conquest mode. The maps are all incredibly lazy regarding their layouts. They're all just basically three flags spaced out evenly and that's it. No focal points or real important flags. You end up just doing a merry-go-round with them.
                            Yep. I feel like conquest is a game of trading bases. Rush feels more polished. To me that is.

Comment

I think the Rush for Presa is pretty amazing, one of the only Rush maps that actually has flanking options honestly. Really well done...I didn't even know the parts of the map it used were there.

Comment

Working...
                              X