How to manually add a server to your favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to manually add a server to your favorites

I figured out how to manually add servers to your favorites without digging for them in the server browser.

There's a catch: someone has to have already been to the server and added it to their favorites or have it in their history...

BUT, you can copy my example, since I have the information for it already!

Go to the BFBC2 folder in My Documents.

Open GameSettings.ini and go all the way to the bottom.

See where it says: "FavoriteGames=Empty" ?

Obviously you don't want it empty. You want to have access to the Awesomeness. It's not quite so easy as sticking SlimCityGaming.com Awesomeness in that field, though. You have to add this string in place of "Empty"

852656596,16f5f1ea-1e87-4ea3-83a0-e9c33396c015,SlimCityGaming.com Awesomeness

If you already have some favorites in there, just not our server or the server you want (but you should want ours), put a ; in between the last server you have in there and our server.

Now you're good to go. When you open the game, SlimCityGaming.com Awesomeness (or whichever lame server you get from someone else) will be in your favorites, ready to join.

Re: How to manually add a server to your favorites

another tip:
    want to add a server from the server browser to your favorites?
    it usually just hangs retrieving info and never adds to the favorites.
    if you found a server you want to add as favorite, search for it's name by typing the name in the field and hitting search.
    when the server shows up in the search results, then you can add it to your favorites. not sure why you have to do it this way but without searching by name, adding to favorites seems to be broken.

Comment

Re: How to manually add a server to your favorites

Yeah, the Favorites thing is borked. I also hate that I can't see particular server I know is online, populated, not full and I have cleared all checkmarks. Is there a join by IP option I'm missing?

Thanks for the tip on how to manually edit the file!

Comment

Working...
      X