Ranks in BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks in BF3

I want the really long term ranks like in BF2. BF2142 and BC2 just tell you who's a newb and whos not. I think the BF2 ranks really identified the very experienced veterans, and gave you something to shoot for for a long time.

Re: Ranks in BF3

Your rank had nothing to do with being a veteran, You rank had to do with your points.

More points does not mean, a more experienced soldier.

I played the game since the day it came out, and only ever made it to 2LT. Yet people who flew jets all the time could amass a much larger score in a much shorter time, does that make them veterans ? No, it does not.

Comment

don't want ranks, unlocks, persistent stat tracking in BF3.
      oh how i long for the days of 1942 and vietnam.
      flame me.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        flame me.
        You're a tard.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I loved BF2 ranking, after all the years of on-off playing I'm still at only 20k.

I unlocked everything in CoDMW in a week... what's the point of those unlocks?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            You're a tard.

Crunch
            And i thought admins were supposed to be mature :P

Id hope it was in between BC2 and BF2 would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptie
              And i thought admins were supposed to be mature :P
              I am. I also like comedy and to losen things up. I can be a stiff backed moderator like many other communities, but I like to think I can still be myself before I was asked to moderate. I guess if I had to chose I would rather not moderate.

I meant no offense by the banter.

Crunch

Comment

I understand of course ranks dont mean much, but still. I can also understand Minimaster's point, but I would rather put up with stat padders and cheaters and see my progress, ranks just always give me something to go for. Also I believe EA will never get rid of stats, it keeps people addicted.

Comment

I dont have any issue with ranks as long as they are attainable. I think the BF2 system was way too long and easy to exploit. I think the 2142 system was way too short and didn't mean much and easy to exploit. Maybe something in the middle would be nice.

I would also like to see all the stats be private. I know people like to compare but you cant because everyone is different and many stat pad or only play one role. Private stats lets you see how you are doing in everything without you worrying that you are number 1011138439 instead of 1011138420.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    I am. I also like comedy and to losen things up. I can be a stiff backed moderator like many other communities, but I like to think I can still be myself before I was asked to moderate. I guess if I had to chose I would rather not moderate.

I meant no offense by the banter.

Crunch
                    Don't you remember what happened to Oli?

I kid, I kid.

Comment

I don't think stats show a lot unless you really study them. You could see someone with a 0.6 k/d ratio except they have captured 10x more flags than everyone else, or have 10x as many revives. What defines a good or experienced solider? There could be someone with 3.5 k/d ratio but they don't cap. any flags, is that good? On the flip side that person is draining the enemies tickets....

Comment

ok leave the stats then, but make them private like COD or something. just play for your own stats, don't do some stupid unmoderated global leaderboards that becomes an embarrassing joke and a who's who list of the biggest padders and hackers/cheaters. and if anyone expects dice/ea to go through the leaderboards to pick out the cheaters, they need to wake up.

Comment

I remember the patch in BF2 where they changed the rank system, I was rank 3, a Sergeant I believe at the time on something like 25k points total

join a game of wake island, kill a guy and BOOM you have been promoted, you have been promoted, you have been awarded this medal etc etc

I think there should be some long term stuff both in terms of ranks and medals etc and short term ones, as well as some more intermediate ones, like you get in BC2

Comment

Working...
                          X