Smoke Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke Grenades

Do you think that smoke grenades and other smoke related weapons/accessories could be improved?

Currently I think smoke grenades and the tank smoke launchers are practically pointless. The smoke doesn't hide anything and the grenades are only useful for popping someone in the head if your into that sort of thing. I do however, believe that smoke grenades could be extremely useful, especially in Hardcore mode when more cover is required (especially against snipers). Unfortunately for us, DICE seem to be unable to acutally make a decent smoke grenade and it ultimately becomes a totally pointless weapon/accessory.

So, what are your thoughts?

Re: Smoke Grenades

I don't think that the 40mm smoke is bad, but it could be better.
    Unfortunately nobody ever seems to take advantage of the smoke cover if I provide one. Or aim at my Tracer Dart for that matter.

Comment

A more effective smoke grenade can never be a bad thing. Atm the smoke simply withers away so quickly (under 8 seconds) that it's tactical implementations are almost non existent.

Comment

Yeah it needs to be better, but I dont think it will be. One of the BF2 mods made great smoke that lasted like it should.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The only way i see smoke be ok when u get a squad of assault with 40mm-smoke to spam it on a point (just because the smoke goes away after 8 seconds)

Comment

Smoke goes away so fast it's actually pointless to try and put some out. You have to keep spamming them out to make them worth anything.

Comment

I think it's fine the way it is. Yes, a single smoke grenade doesn't create a smoke wall that covers the whole battlefield but with little effort and skill in using them, they're very effective.

If the smoke would last longer, it would be very easy to spam the whole map full of smoke so none could see ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                I don't think that the 40mm smoke is bad, but it could be better.
                Unfortunately nobody ever seems to take advantage of the smoke cover if I provide one. Or aim at my Tracer Dart for that matter.
                Agreed. Smoke nades can be very useful, but should be even more useful, they are far too hard for the average person to use and even in proper hands they are luck based. They're great for holding mcom points since you can see through the smoke easier than opponents and they're usually too busy defusing the site to notice you, then bam knife them. They're also good for getting past certain areas that are hard to attack from, I've helped my squad move across a road defended by a tank before by spamming smoke nades as we went simple because the tank couldn't see us, those who tried before the smoke were instantly killed.

Comment

Smoke sucks here and sucked in bf2, the only smoke it was well done was bf2's smoke were you could allways use it, not has a perk (bf2 had no perks so it was everything at same time xD) because it was cool providing very good cover to infantry and the one inside the tank. the one in bfbc2 is useless.... if ur in middle of the smoke ull just lag and dont see a **** xD

Comment

I can see L-iNC's point about the spam but all they would need to do is limit ammo resupplies to 1 per assualt kit and this would solve that. It's not as if you really need more than 1 anyway and if necessary they could just make it for hardcore mode if people were that bothered. Only assualt have smoke grenades anyway so its not as if everyone would be spamming them. They may need to shorten the lifespan of an ammo box as well or make it so that only x amount of grenades can be resupplied from one.

If they are going to have them in the game then make them useful. Otherwise just get rid of them because at the moment almost no one uses them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
                      They're great for holding mcom points since you can see through the smoke easier than opponents
                      What do you mean by that? The person who shoots the smoke can see through it?

Comment

Moar smoke pls =)

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          What do you mean by that? The person who shoots the smoke can see through it?
                          You can't see through it, but you can see more when inside of the smoke than your enemy can, if that makes any sense. Just using random numbers here, but say you can see the enemy from 3 feet away and they can see you from 1 foot away. This gives you a nice advantage when inside your own smoke.

Comment

The smoke should give you LOTS of cover. Could deffinently have a greater radius of coverage. Thats in my opinion of course, but still.

Comment

The vehicle unlock and assault unlock both remove tracer darts, try it sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X