Hardcore = Easy Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore = Easy Mode

Went into a hardcore server by accident and whipped out the M416 with magnum ammo.

After two hours and a new gold star... I wondered why I ever played the normal mode.

Re: Hardcore = Easy Mode

I personally cant stand hardcore. It sends a stench of CoD through the server list.

Comment

'Harcore' mode is a joke, removing hud THAT YOU NEED for no reason does not make it 'hardcore' it simply takes away needed gamplay mechanics, for example having a cross-hair as a tank... spotting is also disabled for no reason. It just makes me angry playing it.

Comment

Honestly if that was the damage used for the normal game, this game would be perfect.

With a few tweaks of course - the M60 was a one shot kill I think.

Comment

yup hardcore is lame. the game is not the same without minimap and spotting abilities. i'm all for HC mode upping the damage, but c'mon Q spotting does nothing at all.

Comment

Is there any way to play HC damage with regular HUD and spotting?

Comment

You will get spot assists. Servers can change all the options. You can have HC damage with crosshairs, minimaps, etc with any combo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                You will get spot assists. Servers can change all the options. You can have HC damage with crosshairs, minimaps, etc with any combo.
                In theory you can, but, as soon as you click that "Hardmode enabled" or whatever, it overrides everything else (crosshairs, minimap etc).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                  Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  In theory you can, but, as soon as you click that "Hardmode enabled" or whatever, it overrides everything else (crosshairs, minimap etc).
                  Wait. Huh?

Comment

I'm too hardcore to know who is sitting in my black hawk or who is behind me on my ATV... Why is that even gone in hardcore mode I guess I'm too hardcore trying to take off in the black hawk to know has jumped in or not.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I don't know why they won't show who jumps on in your heli or ATV or boat... I guess I'm too hardcore to care who didn't make it in or not before I lift off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                      Honestly if that was the damage used for the normal game, this game would be perfect.

With a few tweaks of course - the M60 was a one shot kill I think.
                      This, I totally agree. Everyone wants stuff nerfed but that is the opposite of what needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                        This, I totally agree. Everyone wants stuff nerfed but that is the opposite of what needs to happen.
                        Well nerfed compared to all the other guns.

If they just upped the damage a bit more it would be all good.

Comment

not a fan of hardcore either. Pretty much turns into a campfest cause its so easy to die. Nothing like some guy spamming a pistol that hits you in the pinky finger resulting in your death

Comment

I guess I'm the only one that prefers hardcore. Or at least a normal server without cross hairs. It's something I first started getting used to back with raven shield where I could turn off the cross hair, and it felt more natural then having this floating plus sign in the middle of your screen, it breaks immersion no way about it.

Spotting I could use the same argument, especially since having the spotting show up on just the map it self, makes more sense, it's closer the blue force tracker like systems. Yes in a 2142 like game, you then of course have that system in even a soldier's helmet visor, but not in a modern combat setting for everyone, in armour and aircraft sure, but not a humvee's windshield.

However in a realistic mindset it clearly helps promote teamwork immediately, especially now that they've added points, there is real incentive to spot even if you can't engage at all. Yes in hardcore you still get the points, but since it does less, and of course not everyone is checking the map that often, especially since it has to be the full screen one in hardcore.

Damage I personally prefer more, maybe not as much for all the weapons in hardcore, but since snipers are almost 1 shot kills in normal anyways I don't find it alters the game play too much. However I also would prefer if this games infantry was just straight out of Old school rainbow six, america's army or Operation flashpoint. And I get that simulators don't always make for fun games, but damn I would kill for some learn, of course prone, however I can wait until we have 40 players or so before dice's argument of slowing down the game play pace wears thin.

Even if you hate hardcore mode as it presently is, please at least acknowledge that it's still a positive step. Not only do we have 4 game play modes, but there is the option for another entire way the game is played. And even just so far with these basic server options it's another way of adjusting things, and getting closer to at least modifying if not actually modding the game for the moment.

It's like how I hate Counter strike, but it's the best example to use when discusing the potential of what mod tools for game engines can do. Even if you can't enjoy something don't discount it's positive impact. I hated infantry mode in Bf2, but it was good to see them trying to switch it up.

Comment

I dont like HC, but no skin of my nose if others prefer it.
                              But they really need to include it in the filters for "Play Now" and the server browser.
                              Yesterday some poor teammate got his head blown off because he made a sudden move, and I didn't realise I was on a HC server

Comment

Working...
                              X