Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bad Company 2 Feel Like Previous Battlefield Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bad Company 2 Feel Like Previous Battlefield Games?

From pwrBY

So as the title says I was wondering what the minds are of the current players on how this game works and plays. Does it feel or resemble like a previous battlefield game? Not a hate thread just thought I'd share my thoughts and find out what others are thinking when they play this truly epic game.

Just vote and perhaps post saying what it reminds you of.

For myself it doesn't feel quite as much as many of the old BF games. I suppose maybes it the more varied game types and maybe the assault class isn't quite abused as much because I think we can all agree in the other BF games the assault was Op-ed.

pwrBY
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Does Bad Company 2 Feel Like Previous Battlefield Games?

Feels a lot like 2142.

Comment

Feels more like Cod with vehicles to me.Not a bad thing but starting to lose touch with BF winning formular ? ,and not sure if this should carry the Battlefield name?(e.g just call it Bad company).

I hope they dont confuse the two games(COD/BF) or try morph them into one because clearly Battlefield fans like BF and Cod fans like their series.DO NOT FORCE US INTO BOTH WORLDS.

One thing im not happy with is speeding up the game and forcing us into a crowded arena(bring back epic scales)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Originally posted by Kalo
      Feels a lot like 2142.
      How many BF fans did not like 2142?and im not just talking about it just should of been a add on mod game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        Feels more like Cod with vehicles to me.Not a bad thing but starting to lose touch with BF winning formular ? ,and not sure if this should carry the Battlefield name?(e.g just call it Bad company).

I hope they dont confuse the two games or try morph them into one because clearly Battlefield fans like BF and Cod fans like their series.DO NOT FORCE US INTO BOTH WORLDS.

One thing im not happy with is speeding up the game and forcing us into a crowded arena(bring back epic scales)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

How many BF fans did not like 2142?and im not just talking about it just should of been a add on mod game.
        Getting DICE to release that much content as a "Mod" would be almost impossible, people do need money.

Most of them didn't like it because it probably wasn't BF2 which is indeed a great game. 2142 lacked air superiority unless it was Titan with Transports.

Comment

I don't think it is anything like past BF games because it isn't supposed to be like the other BF games.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
            I don't think it is anything like past BF games because it isn't supposed to be like the other BF games.
            It is different from the others, but the mechanics are all there.

To me it feels like another Battlefield game. Exactly like one of them? No, but its there.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It feels just like the BF2 special forces pack now i think about it to me.night maps ect..

still the guns/knife have a very COD feel and the points are like that also,but i dont mind more points lol

Comment

Its a different feeling game but for me its also an improved one. Yes i loved having 64 player huge maps but you could sometimes find yourself walking around for 10 before you saw anyone. At least in this game you know you can always head to the frontline when you want.

Comment

I hope they dont confuse the two games(COD/BF) or try morph them into one because clearly Battlefield fans like BF and Cod fans like their series.DO NOT FORCE US INTO BOTH WORLDS.

Many fans refused to give 2142 a chance because BF2 was still buggy and felt DICE was abandoning them to their fates; also, very few embraced the idea to get rid of the constraints of a modern setting, or classic WWII action.

Wich is why the ones like that liked 2142, liked it a lot; once free of the "this is a chopper, this is a tank, this is a plane, those things shoot bullets" limits, DICE actually came up with very interesting and fun concepts to help gameplay, chief among them the pod drop beacon, EMP grenades, the original vision for orbital strike, the Net BAT system, Predator cloaking for Recon, hover tanks, VTOLs, the Titan.

Now, on the overuse of the word epic by the internetz; it doesn't mean big, bigger or biggest, it refers to the grandiosity of an event, something memorable and that will leave an everlasting memory. It was originally referring to the way the narrative was told; as in: epic tales. So in that sense, 2142 is even more epic than BF2, as it narrates the desperate struggle for the last European forces to stop the Pan-Asian Coalition from controlling the very few remaining fertile lands, and the possible extinction of humanity.

BF2 has some war for oil or the such. ah yes, it has planes and bigger maps, but there is not really a lot going on.

The other game, even tough has PAC as the clear victor, doesn't really paint them as the bad guys. Having Japan and China along with the remains of Russia did give them the technological edge; it's the PAC that comes up with the ultimate air supwriority concept: the Titan. As such, EU has to steal the plans for a Titan in order to build their own. Pay attention, PAC has the more advanced weaponry, and most of the "lasers" are on their side.

Now, on BC2. It has the mechanics and the feeling of a battlefield game, if not the features; most of this whining steams from not having 64 players maps; when everybody knew from the beginning the console version was 24 tops, and that the extra guys would be for PC. Looking at the maps on release, there is no way they could have edited the maps in a way to allow for 64 players to play on them, without delaying the PC version by a good 6 months at least. Since BF2 the official player limit dropped; it was originally 48 players, but people found a way to allow for 64 players to play on all the maps; and the servers suffered because of that.
                  How can you tell they didn't test the server/client and found out that they could support it, but the servers wouldn't be able to handle the stress? We have a lot of disparataged performance across all the servers; I'm suspecting its a side effect of running more than one game in any given box. Would make sense since 2142 had a very similar problem when it was a titan server with 64 players, and moving titans.
                  In exchange of fewer players, we get more BF moments per game; so the battles are more intense and... wait for it: EPIC.

Now I'm digressing and I return the mic to Crunch.

Comment

It feels just like the BF2 special forces pack now i think about it to me.night maps ect..

still the guns/knife have a very COD feel and the points are like that also,but i dont mind more points lol

In COD you could spray all the way around not worry. Don't think I agree here...But I for one like the Grenade button, it was an incredible pain just to use grenades for their intended purpose since it left you so exposed a lot of the time.

The knife is plainly gay though.

Comment

Ugh I hate the knife. Its way too random.

The game really isn't "CoD-ish" it's just a more modern game and since most games are based off of this world we live in naturally they will all start to look like each other as graphics get better and more towards what actual real life looks like.

In terms of gameplay... its NOTHING like CoD - Otherwise I would love it to its fullest extent and be raping large amounts of helpless enemies due to the fact that CoD actually has a gunplay mechanic that makes sense.

Comment

it feels like COD with bad hitreg and vehicles.

Comment

Doesn't feel much like BF at all to me, really. The overeffectiveness of explosives and the undereffectiveness of ballistic weapons, the small linear maps, the lack of vehicles (only one of the conquest maps even has helis), the regenerating health, the 'ammo pool' ammo system. It's not a bad game, but it's not BF.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
                            Feels a lot like 2142.
                            feels nothing like 2142.

Comment

Guess where my vote went? :P

Comment

Working...
                              X