New Level of Epicness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Level of Epicness?

I've played this game since a bit after its release...
    and we all know there are some obvious issues here and there but,

is it me or every time I play, even just one round, the level of epicness is far beyond any other fps game?
    Like, MW2 could NEVER reach that level of immersive atmosphere:

Squads rushing on objectives, with tanks raining shells on the base, my friend in the UAV looking after my arse, etc.
    Just some small elements that adds spice to the chaos,

for example, on Africa Harbor, defending team. The game starts and I run for the TOW facing the entrance of the base, ready to own the first vehicle. But right when I see that tank approaching, the A-10s come blazing the ground in a trail of smoke and dust, completely blinding my view of the entrance. Seconds later, before even the dust screen dissipate, the tank sends me to heaven with a perfect shot. Result: I'm the first killed when I thought I would make the first kill.

With all those threads concerning the issues, I thought there should be a "Stories from the Frontline" thread.
    So let us hear YOUR epic BF.BC moments

P.S.: doesn't it just sound great when it says: "Clean up the area, we're oscar mike to the next base"

Re: New Level of Epicness?

I think we had a topic called "Stories from the front-lines" before.
    But I agree, BC2 has a nice feeling - one that makes you want to run for cover when, oh ****, it's gone and I'm deaf.

Comment

I can't think of anything specific for bc2 atm, but I do agree that there are moments which do give you that Battlefield feeling.

Comment

Pretty much all the rounds on Panama canal are full of proper battlefield moments especially in armor, with some of those definitely a new level of that all encompassing war feeling, and the graphics, destruction, and sound make it feel like your part of a real conflict.

I also had a round on winter grasp last night where as the Russian team we were taking back the C objective, and most of our team was working together to capture it, after we got it we moved as a single force, most of us stretched out in a firing line moving forward, with the voice prompts and the sound of gun fire, it felt like being in a episode of band of brothers 2010. Thank god they dealt with the voice spam in BF2. Probably the only aspect of that game that still annoys me the most.

Comment

I have to admit that with the destruction and explosions, you always see something new and strange. The possibilities of seeing people do strange things are endless.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Not destruction related; but today I came out of a firefight in front of a medic with an M60; and you know how it went...

We both fire at each other and run out of ammo at the same time, he starts to reload and I switch to my handgun... and I have the tracer dart equipped, no noobtube ammo and shot attach not on; so I... jump over him as he walks towards me; and then I knnife him in midair. It helped he got a facefull of dart.

I got ran over instantly however, since all of his team was behind him; but still, that guy is not going to sleep tonight.

Comment

It does have some very heart stopping moments i will admit, its a great game.

Comment

Always a great oooh and aaah moment is when you hit an approaching Hummer with a tank round and it does an end over end somersault towards your position. That never gets old for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                  Always a great oooh and aaah moment is when you hit an approaching Hummer with a tank round and it does an end over end somersault towards your position. That never gets old for me.
                  That is indeed one awesome physics of the game... now I wonder if you can get killed by that..?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower
                    That is indeed one awesome physics of the game... now I wonder if you can get killed by that..?
                    No you can't get killed by the HMMWV landing on you. Try jumping out of a blackhawk at the last second then the carcass falls on you. You'll see what I mean

That's why I love Crysis, you can get killed by throwing a SHOVEL or even a tree trunk xD

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                      No you can't get killed by the HMMWV landing on you. Try jumping out of a blackhawk at the last second then the carcass falls on you. You'll see what I mean

That's why I love Crysis, you can get killed by throwing a SHOVEL or even a tree trunk xD
                      I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-

get ur Crysis a** out of here this game is so much better

Comment

playing Crysis gives me headaches.

Although I can only imagine BC with as much destruction implented :shock:

Comment

Working...
                          X