Need More RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need More RAM

Ok atm im running this game on all high DX9 with only 2Gb of DDR2 RAM and was thinking of the capabilities (once i get Win7) for getting 4gb of DDR3 RAM.

However im not sure if my mobo is actually compatable with DDR3 so i was wondering if someone could help me find out as when it comes to mobos im lost.

Here is my mobo:

I currently have an Intel E8800 sitting in it.

Re: Need More RAM

DDR2 is you limit with that mobo, it supports ram speeds of 1200, 1066, 800, 667.

There are a few LGA775 X48 DDR3 boards around for £/$ 120. Dual channel DDR3 cheapest will be around £/$ 90.

If you want a DDR3 setup it maybe wiser to upgrade when you have enough to get an i5 or i7.

Comment

Yea i have been thinking that, if im going to need to get a new mobo for DDR3 then i might aswell wait till i can get an i7.

Is 4Gb of DDR3 really that much better than 4Gb of DDR2?

Comment

Not worth it for upgrading just for the reason up going from DDR2 to DDR3

Comment

If it helps, I like the Gigabyte 790 series. Many utilize DDR3 RAM.

I use 790XTA-UD4 with aftermarket cooler, it's very stable, reliable and the actual board architecture is quite well placed to fit a huge cooler with low ram clearance. This is a AMD board. I use a AMD 965, XFX 5850, Ripjaw DDR3 10666 and Noctua C12P Se 14 on this board.

Comment

Working...
          X