Game freezes up every time!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes up every time!!??

Ok, now every time I start up the game it freezes. I get to the login portion, then it freezes. This just started yesterday, 5 days after the patch came out. WTF??? This never happened with the beta or when I first bought the game. I've changed nothing on my computer - same hardware and software. What the heck is going on???

G

Re: Game freezes up every time!!??

What is your hardware and software? ANY changes since before the crashes? Have you tried setting BC2 to run as an administrator? Do you use Steam? Does the game freeze and you have to reboot or does it crash to the desktop? Does the game have a sound loop when it freezes?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Using steam. Not sure about the administrator. How would I set that?? If I restart my computer the problem seems to go away.

Comment

They just released a patch with a fix that might correct your issue. See if you still have the problems.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Freezing up still happens. This has only happened since the patch last week. Restarting the computer solves the problems, but it's hassle to do that every time. Hopefully this will be fixed with future patches. Note, I still have a problem with BF2 crashing for no reason, so who knows.....

Comment

Welcome to the club.. I've been dealing with this since EA sent out the server patches about 2 weeks ago.. At this point I am praying they fix it..

Comment

I need t o find out what your sys specs are before I a can help you more?

Comment

Amd 2.8 ghz cpu. 4 gigs ram. Win XP 32 bit. xfx 4770 graphics card 512mb. Game was bought and downloaded through Steam.

Comment

ATi 4000 series is jhaving issues withthe game. You need to check for driver updates. Or upgrade.

Comment

Updated the ati graphics drivers and so far so good. Only played a couple games though. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X