No announcement yet.

Out of Bounds (Beta/Release Comparison)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Bounds (Beta/Release Comparison)

Ok now i was rather disappointed in the final release with the way a lot of the maps have had their out of bounds brought much closer to the battlefield. I remember in port valdez in the beta where it was possible to actually climb up the hills and produce a different direction to flank and also provide sniper fire. I dont really understand why they took this out?

I really liked that you could climb the walls/ascend the hills as it gave the game a much more open feel to this very linear style of play we have now where every single route is just another chokepoint.

I also dont like how a lot of the maps have structures just inside the OOB's area that could be made useful in different attacking and defending situations. Everything just feels so narrow.

Re: Out of Bounds (Beta/Release Comparison)

What? In the beta Wookie Hill on Port Valdez was out of bounds. Now you are free to climb it and harvest snipers.
    As a general rule, anything that annoys snipers is OK in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      What? In the beta Wookie Hill on Port Valdez was out of bounds. Now you are free to climb it and harvest snipers.
      As a general rule, anything that annoys snipers is OK in my book.
      But people will camp up there regardless of if there are Snipers on it or not, attacking anything that moves. Bringing that boundry back so far has ruined the map further.

Comment

So wait are people in favour of having those boundaries brought in closer? I didnt quite understand what you both said.

Comment

Summary: I like the current boundaries on Port Valdez. Nobody should be able to snipe from the saftey of out-of-bounds.
          If the defenders camp up there, they will be unable to get back and defuse an armed M-COM in time.

Comment

Summary: I like the current boundaries on Port Valdez. Nobody should be able to snipe from the saftey of out-of-bounds.
            If the defenders camp up there, they will be unable to get back and defuse an armed M-COM in time.
            But isnt that the point? You cant have it both ways?

Comment

I think all you guys aren't on the same wave length.

I BELIEVE Elim is talking about the snow covered hilly area you could climb up in the BETA, which was between the 1st and 2nd set of MCOM stations, in which case yes I am disappointed they removed that.

The rest of you guys are talking about Snipers Rock, in which case, you're missing what elim was actually talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                But isnt that the point? You cant have it both ways?
                I don't see the problem. Whoever camps there is vulnerable to flanking

As for the general layout of maps: I am in favor of flanking, but evens as it is now you can still see half of you team sitting as non-moving triangles along the edges of the map, doing absolutely nothing to take or retake the objectives. So I see it as a good thing if tighter boundaries can force them into the action. Either that, or a redesign of the map so that the objectives cannot be sniped from the edges of the map.

Comment

yes on Port Valdez you can climb noob hill, but the other hill that led from First A toward Second B is now out of bounds

don't really mind tbh, too often an entire squad would just camp the place not doing much at all, although it did offer a slightly different path of attack

but I believe Rush is supposed to be that way in that its a focussed battle, its why I'm looking forward to the conquest version of Arica harbour, seeing what Dice do with it will be interesting. I suppose Rush Laguna Alta will be interesting in the same regard

Comment

I think Dice didn't meant that hill to be climbed up but instead of fixing the geometry they simply made it OB. Same with the hill between the 2nd set of m-comms and the 3rd set of m-comms.

As for Arica Harbor Conquest, if the other conquest maps are of any indicator it will be **** small, probably just the first city area, so you can't even cross the bridge. I'm seriously disappointed with the conquest maps on this game and ultimately I think that's the reason life time of this game can't match 2142. Only Atacama Desert is good conquest map imo. Plenty of room between main base and first flag, if you flank your enemy they aren't back on the flag in a matter of seconds. The other maps are just meh. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                      yes on Port Valdez you can climb noob hill, but the other hill that led from First A toward Second B is now out of bounds
                      What, here? Because I still collect lots of dogtags there too? (Map from http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....Detail&id=310)

Comment

near that place, you have always been able to get to that ledge with the fence on but you used to be able to climb higher up the hill it was part of

I make illustration

(CURSE THESE WIN7 PAINT BRUSHES)

Comment

What? In the beta Wookie Hill on Port Valdez was out of bounds. Now you are free to climb it and harvest Wookies.
                          This
                          (fixed)

Comment

I dont understand this whole "people camp up there" argument. People camp everywhere on the map??

You say you like being able to flank but you dont want this path to flank?

Im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              I dont understand this whole "people camp up there" argument. People camp everywhere on the map??

You say you like being able to flank but you dont want this path to flank?

Im confused.
                              In the specific case of Wookie Hill, I don't want people to be able to camp from a place where the other team is out of bounds.
                              Generally speaking, I am against encouraging snipers to set up lone wolf camps on the edges of the maps. If the place are not out of bounds, then there needs to be terrain in place to protect the objectives.

I totally kills the game if 6-8 snipers are allowed to surround an objective on Rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X