Is that a legit UAV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a legit UAV?

Ok, so I don't know too much about the army and stuff but I've seen many UAV in commercial ads and war movies that looks exactly like BF2. It looks like a seagull or something but I was wondering if anyone can confirm if there really is a toy helicopter that is loaded with Anti Tank missle and mini machine gun which is controlled through a Virtual Gameboy in the Army or is EA just trying to be funny?

Oh and I know stilla-killa hates multple same threads so...
    What does the UAV in BC2 even do? All I see is that it flys around and shoots machine guns and rockets... does it have some sort of radar like the old one of does the controller have to spot manually? Thanks!

Re: Is that a legit UAV?

The ones they use now are not like the UAV in BC2. The UAV in BF2 is more like the real thing. Unless there is something new i dont know about, there is not a mini-chopper with these weapons. Unlike the BC2 version, the real deal can hit you from five + miles away. Here is example of an actual Predator in action. Action starts @ 2:30 mark. You can notice how the UAV round navigates the terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
      The ones they use now are not like the UAV in BC2. The UAV in BF2 is more like the real thing. Unless there is something new i dont know about, there is not a mini-chopper with these weapons. Unlike the BC2 version, the real deal can hit you from five + miles away. Here is example of an actual Predator in action. Action starts @ 2:30 mark. You can notice how the UAV round navigates the terrain.
      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea9_1268371196
      Thanks Tampa, you sure are descriptive! Odd, though were they thinking it be cool to have a mini chopper of death?

Comment

the real UAV like the predator drone might be too powerful.

Comment

:|:

Not the same, but at least we know the idea is "legit".

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
            Thanks Tampa, you sure are descriptive! Odd, though were they thinking it be cool to have a mini chopper of death?
            They were proably thinking that it would be incredible boring to fly something close to a remote controlled glider.

Not an actual miltary weapon, but:

Originally posted by Minmaster
            the real UAV like the predator drone might be too powerful.
            I dont see why, except that it flies to high to be shot down?
            But the weapons are the same.

Comment

Yeah irl uav's even if theyr big theyr remote controled

Comment

Also, the helicopter in BC2 does not shoot the missles, they call them in. It does not give away positions either, but the driver can spot them out. The only weapon the UAV has is the machine gun, if the driver has it as a perk option.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Also, the helicopter in BC2 does not shoot the missles, they call them in. It does not give away positions either, but the driver can spot them out. The only weapon the UAV has is the machine gun, if the driver has it as a perk option.

Crunch
                  hahahah i thought they already knew it. isnt it obvious that a rcvehicle like that could not carry any sort of weaponry like bazookas or missiles or heavy explosives

Comment

The UAV in BC2 reminds me of the Red Star drone helo in Frontlines.

Comment

Originally posted by [21CW]Ed
                      The UAV in BC2 reminds me of the Red Star drone helo in Frontlines.
                      lol yeah the only thing fun about that game was the drones to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        They were proably thinking that it would be incredible boring to fly something close to a remote controlled glider.

Not an actual miltary weapon, but:

You can hear this flying lawnmower coming from a mile away XD

I dont see why, except that it flies to high to be shot down?
                        But the weapons are the same.

Comment

Guess there is a new drone like the BC2 version.

Comment

Originally posted by bradino27
                            lol yeah the only thing fun about that game was the drones to me.
                            Roger that. Leaving sentry drones around like some evil Johnny Appleseed was always a blast. The swearing on TS was even more vile and nasty than when you're sniped or CGed in BC2 .

Comment

The UAV has only killed me around 2-3 times the whole time I've had this game...

Comment

Working...
                              X