No points when dead!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No points when dead!?

so people are reporting that they don't get any points when they're dead.
    Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

can anybody confirm this? i get boat load of kill assists when i die but if i'd be pretty upset if i get zero points for any of them. :cry:

Re: No points when dead!?

I've seen this. I've killed way more than 9 people with AT mines. But the tanks have killed me first, so I was dead the time when I killed the tank and all three people inside. I was pretty disappointed to see that the triple kill didn't count for my score nor my stats with mines or engineer.

Comment

On a similar note, do grenades go off after you die? I had a few times last night where I'd chuck a nade into a crowd of enemies, I'd get killed and still be looking straight ahead (no killcam on that server) and I would never see the nade go off. Do nades become duds when you die?

Comment

It seems to function the same as bf2, that once your dead, all your projectiles instantly disappear , grendades, rockets , whatever, become duds upon death.

The exception is the mines, which still kill. But evidently, don't provide points.

Comment

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
          It seems to function the same as bf2, that once your dead, all your projectiles instantly disappear , grendades, rockets , whatever, become duds upon death.

The exception is the mines, which still kill. But evidently, don't provide points.
          I don't think this is the case. I know for a fact tracer darts stay in the air after death. I've tagged snipers after they killed me many times. Then I get my revenge.

I'm also certain that I've been blown up by grenades after I killed the thrower. I've been killed by CGs after I killed the toober.

It's very possible to kill people after you're dead. That's one reason why this is such a noticeable thing. When you know you planted the bomb on the M-COM and it blew while you were dead, it sucks to miss out on those points and not get credit towards the insignia.

Comment

I mention it as Ive hit the key to throw grendades into groups of enemies, or even launched the tube and died when they were in the air. I never got any kills, in instances where I know I didn't miss. So maybe it has to do with a what point in its journey your projectile is at. I'm not really sure, further testing is nesscecary.

Comment

I think in those cases your input to throw the grenade probably wasn't processed by the server before it decided you were dead. So you never really threw the grenade.

Remember, there is quite a bit of extra latency caused by all of the processing done by the server. A server with 15ms pure ping has 130-150ms latency in-game for me.

Comment

I've gotten tons of assist points when dead. When I play the Recon class I always toss a motion mine. I still get the 20 point assists if I'm alive or dead.

Comment

Why people complaint about this? Of course you don't get any points - you died.... seems logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
                    Why people complaint about this? Of course you don't get any points - you died.... seems logical to me.
                    So if I plant a charge on a gold crate (are they still gold crates in BC2? :S) and I die as it explodes I shouldn't get points for it?

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
                      So if someone plants the bomb on the M-COM and it blows up, causing their team to win the round, they deserve ZERO points if it blows up during their respawn time because they got killed right before it exploded? That seems fair and logical to you?

Comment

Its not a matter of if you should get points when your dead or not, its a matter of why some people are not getting points they are supposed to get by design.

Lets not argue design descisions, the game is out, its not changing, move on.

So far it seems like it is a a bug, and as E.D mentioned it is more than likely a cause of lag in my case, where the grenade etc never really gets thrown/launched as far as the server is concerned.

Comment

so even though you might get the notification of scoring when you're dead, it doesn't add to score?

Comment

Its not a matter of if you should get points when your dead or not, its a matter of why some people are not getting points they are supposed to get by design.

Lets not argue design descisions, the game is out, its not changing, move on.

So far it seems like it is a a bug, and as E.D mentioned it is more than likely a cause of lag in my case, where the grenade etc never really gets thrown/launched as far as the server is concerned.
                            So you think that was an intentional design decision, to have a message saying you got the points but not really count/award the points if you're dead at the time? I'm not sure if I agree that they did that on purpose. If that was the case, why have the message pop-up saying you got the points in the first place if they aren't going to count?

Comment

the game is out, its not changing, move on.
                              why are you such a pessimist? i can see something like this being changed, especially if it wasn't intended to be like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X