@recon class (not a complaint thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @recon class (not a complaint thread)

So... to my knowledge a few of the kits that existed in BF2 was merged into one i.e. assault with support supply etc... Is recon a mixture of Spec ops and Sniper? If so, how come so far I've only unlocked sniper rifles and no light machine guns? I know that there are guns for all class like G3's (later unlocks) but I like to play the recon with a good light automatic gun so I can at least protect myself and become the original Spec op class.

Re: @recon class (not a complaint thread)

Originally posted by RedxInk
    So... to my knowledge a few of the kits that existed in BF2 was merged into one i.e. assault with support supply etc... Is recon a mixture of Spec ops and Sniper? If so, how come so far I've only unlocked sniper rifles and no light machine guns? I know that there are guns for all class like G3's (later unlocks) but I like to play the recon with a good light automatic gun so I can at least protect myself and become the original Spec op class.
    There are the all-kit unlocks, and they lend themselves well for an attacking recon, you also get semiauto sniper rifles, wich are more suited for a point marksman role.

Comment

what he means to say is that you're screwed. Play other stuff until you unlock the m14 or m16.

Comment

The kits of BC2 are prety much the kits of BF2142 with medic and ammo kits swapped around for some reason.
        The recons of BF2142 had to work their way throug a series of camper-sticks too, before they got a CQB weapon
        You should have access to the shotguns pretty early, use that for personal defence, and maybe the M1911 for a bit of range.

Minor nitpick: a light machine gun is what the Medic is using, you are thinking of a sub machine gun like the Engineer has.

Comment

I don't want to see recon with LMG ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            The kits of BC2 are prety much the kits of BF2142 with medic and ammo kits swapped around for some reason.
            The recons of BF2142 had to work their way throug a series of camper-sticks too, before they got a CQB weapon
            You should have access to the shotguns pretty early, use that for personal defence, and maybe the M1911 for a bit of range.

Minor nitpick: a light machine gun is what the Medic is using, you are thinking of a sub machine gun like the Engineer has.
            yeah i do mean sub machine guns sorry...

Comment

The VSS is a pretty nifty mid range assault like weapon.

Comment

M21 with stock scope and M1911 is all you need to protect yourself close range. If you can aim that is.

It would be nice nice to have g63c or something for recon though. Middle groud between rifle and the shotguns.

Comment

They also altered the classes a bit from the other BF games. They did merge Spec-Ops and Sniper, but they took out the smgs and claymores. They merged medic and support, but they took out the ammo bag and the smgs. They just combined engineer and anti-tank, which I think is good as the two classes were close to the same. And then they made assault with the ammo case support/medic lost, which some think is bad and some think is good because of the 40mm reload.

I wouldnt mind seeing recon have the pp2000 or some little smg. Im afraid I haven't got the knack with pistols yet and not sure if I ever will.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Did we seriously need a new thread for this?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                      Did we seriously need a new thread for this?
                      HECK YEA!

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        I wouldnt mind seeing recon have the pp2000 or some little smg. Im afraid I haven't got the knack with pistols yet and not sure if I ever will.

Crunch
                        Have you tried the VSS? Throw a Red Dot on it and you have your silenced SMG.

Comment

I wonder what will be the next recon thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X