Ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks

This was discussed sometime ago on the EA forums (during the PS3 BETA) but I just want to now know your point of view on the ranks now that the full game has been our for a while.

What do you think of the time it takes to get ranks? Would you like it to take longer (BF2) or less time (CoD), or is it good as is?

Just curious because I've been seeing a lot of 30+ and the game hasn't been out too long...

And what about unlocks? Too easy to get?

Re: Ranks

well ranks really don't mean much once you unlock everything and i think everyone will have all the unlocks within few weeks. i do think it was a bit too quick unlocking everything but it was somewhat needed as the guys with better weapons and perks had a huge advantage against guys with starter weapons.

Comment

Ok, I'll add unlocks into the topic then too

Comment

Unlocks are perfect ... some people like to get all the unlocks quick and don't care about rank.

Rank should be much longer. (Highest person should be like level 20 right now in my opinion) because for the state whores, it makes them want to play so much more. (Like me )

Comment

And this Q was for all those stat whores

(guilty too)

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
            Unlocks are perfect ... some people like to get all the unlocks quick and don't care about rank.

Rank should be much longer. (Highest person should be like level 20 right now in my opinion) because for the state whores, it makes them want to play so much more. (Like me )
            That seems about right. The unlocks in BC2 can give a significant advantage, so they need to be accessible to the masses.
            Previous Battlefields had unlocks that was less powerful so it wasnt a problem that they were harder to get

Comment

If the rank progression keeps its current pace; you could get to 30 just trying to get all the insignias, but once you get all the platinum in your favorite kit, you'd have to go the long way and get platinum for all, so in the end we are going to see a lot of guys going for the starter weapons (first to third tier) in the near future, so the game kinda balances itself out.

Comment

I think unlocks are perfect as well. I like being able to unlock a variety of weapons instead of having to farm for weeks before I can get any sort of choice.

I feel ranks are perfect as well, however I do wish they were slightly harder to achieve. I've been swamped with schoolwork and only been able to put in 20 hours since release and I'm already rank 17.

Comment

That is the way the unlocks were in BF2. You unlocked your last weapon at rank 9 with 6 or 9 more ranks to go after that.

Comment

i'm at mid 20's rank and it feels just about right. it's definitely not quick ranking up now and now that i have all the unlocks it feels like progress is slower. it's gonna take a while max out and it's definitely not like 2142 where everyone was brig gen after a month.

judging by this, it's gonna be a while to reach the last few ranks.

Comment

I think it needs to be a longer system. Maybe 3/4 the length of BF2. It would help keep people interested until BF3 comes out.

Comment

BF2 ranking was too insane. the devs want people to move on eventually, and BF2 still has a lot of people who still are trying to reach the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          BF2 ranking was too insane. the devs want people to move on eventually, and BF2 still has a lot of people who still are trying to reach the ranks.
                          It doesn't help some of the ranks were unnattainable if you didn't get them right the first time around. Like the one you have to have the bronze, silver or gold badges.

Comment

Was looking on the BF BC 2 stat site and was amazed at the # of people at rank 40 and above. Endless list of players with scores in excess of 2,000,000 already. There was one player at the top of leader board for PC at level 46 with 50 something hours and a k/d of 77.00. Sure he has been hacking. Oh well such is online gaming..............

Comment

Working...
                            X