Cover and all that jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover and all that jazz

Do u think that all the cover in this game is to low for crouching behind? I always seem to get shot in the dome every time i take cover

Re: Cover and all that jazz

It does seem that way - although I have to say that I like the fact that you can really "hide" in vegatation compared to previous BF titles. I was playing engineer last night, crouching in a bush, and firing into a US base and no one seemed to be able to find me.

I also have to say that I really wish Dice had come up with a middle ground with regards to going prone. It's an important tactic in the game and I don't understand why they couldn't implement in a way that it couldn't be abused - even a 1 or 2 second delay after proning before being able to fire would have solved the diving problem.

Comment

yea i wouldn't mind if covers were a tad bit higher to hide my melon.

Comment

stuff like sandbags are too low for crouch but the concrete blocks you find everywhere are a good height

but yeh typically I like to hide in vegetation if its available

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
          It does seem that way - although I have to say that I like the fact that you can really "hide" in vegatation compared to previous BF titles. I was playing engineer last night, crouching in a bush, and firing into a US base and no one seemed to be able to find me.

I also have to say that I really wish Dice had come up with a middle ground with regards to going prone. It's an important tactic in the game and I don't understand why they couldn't implement in a way that it couldn't be abused - even a 1 or 2 second delay after proning before being able to fire would have solved the diving problem.
          I don't think it has to do with dolphin diving anyways; it got fixed in 2142, going prone delays firing by one full second, and you get automatically the worse accuracy you can get, and maximum deviation while going prone. Camo works wonders in this game tough, imagine reducing your profile to the maximum while going prone in the snow maps, both teams are practically invisible as it is now.
          Also, a lot of the maps have knee deep water; tough way cool, it'd be too advantageous for a team to send frogmen from flag B to C in Laguna Presa for example.

Comment

Dont press yourself directly against the surface, go just a little bit away from your cover, as it changes the angle and backs you away from a possible shooter. Taking away his firing line.

Comment

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
              Dont press yourself directly against the surface, go just a little bit away from your cover, as it changes the angle and backs you away from a possible shooter. Taking away his firing line.
              Beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
              X