The M16A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The M16A2

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but just about every gun is modeled perfectly. Basically, all the important things are where they should be. I won't talk about reloading, that's another thing though.

Then I unlock the M16A2 and the first couple things that come to my mind are:

- The ejection port is on the wrong side. Seriously, F you DICE.
    - The front sights are wrong, the aiming post goes past the protective sides. There's a reason they put protection around it.
    - The MOA adjuster is also on the wrong side.
    - The front sight post magically appears when you have an ACOG and switch to the M203.
    - It's in burst?! Soldiers barely use it in bursts, semi auto would have been fine.
    - The US army and USMC now use the A4 MWS version.

How can DICE get nearly all the weapons correct then screw up on this? On top of all of that, it's not even that good of a weapon.

What do you others think?

Re: The M16A2

Dude, relax. Its the UK version of the M16.

Youre ripping on an unrealistic game, for a couple of bits of inaccurate weapon design features?

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
      I don't know if anybody else noticed, but just about every gun is modeled perfectly. Basically, all the important things are where they should be. I won't talk about reloading, that's another thing though.

Then I unlock the M16A2 and the first couple things that come to my mind are:

- The ejection port is on the wrong side. Seriously, F you DICE.
      - The front sights are wrong, the aiming post goes past the protective sides. There's a reason they put protection around it.
      - The MOA adjuster is also on the wrong side.
      - The front sight post magically appears when you have an ACOG and switch to the M203.
      - It's in burst?! Soldiers barely use it in bursts, semi auto would have been fine.
      - The US army and USMC now use the A4 MWS version.

How can DICE get nearly all the weapons correct then screw up on this? On top of all of that, it's not even that good of a weapon.

What do you others think?
      How it's modeled is just one thing, I give you that. Reason why you can't switch firing mods on any weapon in BC2 is because it would be a useless feature since assault rifles need 7-9 [in this case 7 (pc version)] bullets to drop an enemy.

Generally, burst > single fire, that goes especially for M16 which sends all 3 bullets where you point it them. This game is an arcade shooter, if you want realism, you want Arma or Operation Flashpoint

On top of all of that, it's not even that good of a weapon.
      Hell no, on pc it's overpowered, wtf damage. On consoles it's fine, same damage as AEK, but more accurate.

Comment

UK version of the M16? More like left handed version.

I just don't like how they take the time to make everything else good, but not this weapon. As you said though, it is an arcade game. Which yes, I am ripping at them. I'm just wondering why they would do it is all. Why do you purposely make it wrong.

Oh and I already have, ArmA, ArmA 2, OPF-DR (Fail) and the original OPF and it's expansions. Asking for realistic weapon modeling isn't asking for a milsim. Don't exaggerate your point.

Comment

UK version of the M16? More like left handed version.
          It was a joke.

I just don't like how they take the time to make everything else good, but not this weapon. As you said though, it is an arcade game. Which yes, I am ripping at them. I'm just wondering why they would do it is all. Why do you purposely make it wrong.
          For effect, maybe? In CS, the reload animations and AK were purposely made unrealistic because they looked cooler that way. Granted, its possible to make realistic reload animation look amazing aswell (SWAT4, by far, the most badass reload animations, aswell as realistic, complete with the "slap" on MP5/UMP and manly AK chambering), but if it works, why not?

Comment

Maybe we should make each weapon fire nukes! That would have a nice effect too

Oh well, I guess I got my answer. But the only effect it has on me is DICE screwing up.

Comment

Tbh if you are complaining about DICE screwing up on a gun model then lets face it, judging by their past track record, we are lucky the game works.

Comment

This strikes me as somewhat comical, really. It's a game, not a military simulator. Did it say anywhere on the box that all the weapon models had to be identical to real counterparts?

Real soldiers may not fire a M16 in bursts, but that's certainly the best way to get kills in BC2 so I don't see what's wrong with that.

And it certainly isn't underpowered! It helps to have the magnum ammo, I suppose, but it is extremely accurate and all 3 rounds will go exactly where you want them to. I love it.

Comment

On top of all of that, it's not even that good of a weapon.
                  take that back!

its the best assault rifle in the game, I've used the AN94 for a bit more time now and come to the conclusion that its crap in comparison

the M16 rules

Comment

M16 > G3 > all

Comment

Everyone stop playing until that guy have his M16 modeled correctly

Comment

In video games

cool factor > realism

Comment

99% of people won't notice, and 99,9% won't think it's an issue

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                            99% of people won't notice, and 99,9% won't think it's an issue
                            THIS!

I can care less.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              take that back!

its the best assault rifle in the game, I've used the AN94 for a bit more time now and come to the conclusion that its crap in comparison

the M16 rules
                              It's the opposite for me, I've tried M16 after getting platinum star with AN, and while I think it's a close second, nothing beats AN for me. Also if you look at the stats of the players with highest KDRs and ELOs, they all either use M16 or AN, with the highest ELO guy I've seen (high 700's) using AN exclusively.

Comment

Working...
                              X