Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone <Combat Knife> You. A little too frequently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone <Combat Knife> You. A little too frequently?

Once again I bring another "embarrassing" topic into the spotlight of the egoistic First Person Shooter Players,

The Sacred or Humiliating knife kill.

Sure we all love a good backstab and brag about it once in a while, but what if that victim is you?? :shakehead: :shock:

For a newbie, it could mean the inexperience with the game mechanic and overall ignorance of the map.

For a sniper, a knife in the back is the worse possible death. Indicting the incompetence of the sniper to conceal or relocate.

For a Assault, a knife kill could mean small rooms are too close to use guns or both players find each other reloading.

For a medic, a knife could mean saving someone's life while ignoring your own, honorable indeed.

For engineer, well, when you got a huge bazooka on your shoulders, you have very little mobility.

But I think, once in a while, in a player's life, we often pop the frustrating "wtf??" when we get stabbed while hiding behind a cover we first assume as safe, or not aware we are being followed.

I use knife as a last desperate measure to save my own life, or to clear those chain linked fences.

Recently, I've been finding myself at the end of a knife too often.

Reloading behind cover with my back towards our own lines--> Stabbed by someone running behind me

Running into a room, suddenly see a knife from the side.

Anyone else having this kind of experience?

Re: Someone &lt;Combat Knife&gt; You. A little too frequently?

I don't know if you are kidding or being sarcastic. I have just started playing so I haven't really noticed anything. I do know that in this game, killing with a knife is bragging rights in the forums by how many dogtags you can get. The ones with the most dogtags will be the most honored! This is how you establish your pecking order!

Comment

Most of my knife deaths come from the front. At short distance they run at you and - slash, its all over, very frustrating but well played to them.

Comment

Myself and my clan mates enjoy knifing eachother you never know when a person will appear its just great fun. Im top of a clan mates dog tag list with 23 and they are on mine with only 10 it doesnt bother me, just means I need to get revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by {SA}4|Pfc.Chevy
          I don't know if you are kidding or being sarcastic.
          No I m earnest, I am too often looking at my screen going "HUH?" with the message XYZ <COMBAT KNIFE> YOU

Maybe I m not used to the game mechanics, I still think I play BF2142 where someone intentionally knife you rather than knifing you as a quick way of killing.

Maybe knifing in this game is not about honor, more about practical killing.

One hit one kill, why not?

Comment

I love knifing. Especially when you run into groups of snipers looking down their scopes.

Comment

In the vanilla version of the game knifing is relatively a skill less art. In close quarters you will sooner kill with your knife than you will with any other personal weapon.

In HC it is much more difficult to charge an enemy who sees you and successfully stab him before he shoots you. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                I love knifing. Especially when you run into groups of snipers looking down their scopes.
                That's true! There is something to be said to wanna be a sniper. I would prefer to be knifed than sniped anyday. No honor (skill) in sniping IMHO.

Comment

From what I understand, knifing in COD is a joke. In this game, is less of a joke, but sill one compared to previous BF games. If it's true that there is some sort of "auto aim" or "invulnerability" while knifing, then that is just a bad choice by DICE. The fact it takes one press of a button is a bad choice as well. Right now, too many people use it instead of a gun in close quarters situation. Collecting people's dog tags just makes the problem worse.

Can you blame the player? Not as much as blaming DICE! The knife kill should happen because the player being knifed is careless or isn't paying attention to their surroundings (i.e. most snipers!). But in this game, with the lag, constant noises, and essentially a 1 button press kill, it's not the case. Since it doesn't take really any skill to knife someone in this game, it's pretty stupid to have the player collect dog tags. I think they should add a different dog tag collection system. If you can kill some that is knifing you, you get the dog tags, currently that takes more skill.

Do I knife people when I get the chance? Sure. But it's not done in the middle of a fire fight.

Comment

I don't know why the sudden mortification with being knifed; it leaves you wide open when you fail. I know most of the times I've knifed people in this game I dared because at least here it does register properly; unlike BF2 and 2142 where you had to knife people 2 or three times before the engine decided you had killed them. I do have my share of dogtags in 2142, but they were reserved for the most alignment of planets situations.

knifing in BC2 comes off as a natural progression, it doesn't give out your position, no muzzle flash, no noise except for your grunting.

Comment

I usually meet mine around a corner >.<

Comment

Knifing in this game is, as mentioned, much more direct, I usually dont have a problem getting stabbed in the back like what usually happens in 2142, but here, I find myself constantly seeing my killer run at me and stab me in the chest, I can never help but to mutter a "fck" since I feel like an idiot.

I do though wonder how knife servers might play out in this game, hope to see some soon.

Comment

my clanmates and i like to knife each other. Lot's of fun when you think you are safe only to go WTF? Oh i just got knifed Knifing your opponent can be rewarding. Getting knifed can suck especially when you think you have the upper hand only to get the shank. Keeps you on your toes.

Comment

i've been knifed so much in MW2, BC2 feels like nothing.:laugh:

Comment

I would almost never get knifed in the face in 2142, and when I did it was usually by moose and his ninja dagger. In this game I often forget how stupid it is to use guns, well, ever and actually try to shoot people (BC2 - creating the First Person Stabber genre). What's amusing is I get knifed by enemies who are BACKING into me. I've been knifed by people who still have their guns out, and I've been knifed by people against whom I started knifing first; the guy was still shooting his gun when I press the stab animation, my guy stabs him in the head, then I instantly die to his knife. I've come to the conclusion that my soldier is a bit 'special' and is somehow stabbing himself while trying to stab an enemy. It's amusingly cathartic, if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                              X