CTD's and lockups..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD's and lockups..

Anyone else experieincing chronic CTD's, freezing and lockups while playing?

This issue started early last week and has been a real PITA

Re: CTD's and lockups..

Yeah, that's what got me to look at my CPU utilization and such. I still don't know what's causing it.

Comment

i had my first sound related CTD today. i say it because the sound looped and it CTD'd.

Comment

If you are running the game in Vista/7, try setting the game to run as administrator. If you are also using steam, you will have to set that up to run as administrator as well.

See if that corrects it.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I've had a couple of in game CTD, usually when I'm having a good round ;(

I tend to get more CTD when trying to join a game, after sign in it says updating stats then crashes. I get this serveral times then its ok.

Comment

Had one or two, but from today I've had a similar problem to "mixon". Every time I go to the server browser I get a CDT within a few seconds. Seven times in a row, so far. Annoying in the extreme!

EDIT: Just been looking on the EA forum. It seems that quite a few people have been having this problem.

Comment

I now get CTD ever since the latest patch - when resuming my SP game.

Comment

Originally posted by ExitChicago
                I now get CTD ever since the latest patch - when resuming my SP game.
                You have to start the mission over. You can't load the save, you have to pick that mission from the menu.

Comment

You can try the new video card driver. But my experience with old BF2 is, it won't work. The new patch may help.

Tonight, when i blew an enemy tank with TOW and killed 2 guys, then CtD (i did see 100 pts but i don't know was that added to the stats). Maybe my system can't handle full 32 ppl server. It lags alot if there're lots of explosion.
                  Intel E8400
                  BFG 260
                  2x2 GB
                  DX9
                  setting some low some high at 1680x1050

Comment

I have some CTDs when joining games, but I dont recall any when the game is running.

Comment

still crashing in the middle of rounds... so far about 5 times. someone in another forum says it might be related to reserved slots on server making room...

Comment

I don't get more or less CTD than in aother BF games I had before. Usually I get them while trying to start the game, only once, then I can start normally.

A couple of times I've had CTD at the end of a round, or in the middle of a round, but maybe not even .50 in average since game launch.

have E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB value kingston ram DDR2 800 GHz dual channel, western digital 7200 rpm 120 GB SATA II, EVGA Geforce 7950 GT 512 MB ram. Not sure really about the motherboard now, it's a gigabyte but let me go check the model number and version, but it's a cheap one.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          If you are running the game in Vista/7, try setting the game to run as administrator. If you are also using steam, you will have to set that up to run as administrator as well.

See if that corrects it.

Crunch
                          You should not be running the Steam client in compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                            You should not be running the Steam client in compatibility mode.
                            Yes, I am aware of that warning it gives. You can either run it in compatibility mode or you can crash to the desktop. I don't know what evil thing running Steam in compatibility mode will do, but you CANNOT run BC2 in compatibility mode and steam not in it, as it will not boot at all.

At least thats what happened to me.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Getting lots of freeze ups the last couple of days. Don't know why. Happened a lot since the new patch. Very frustrating!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X