Core 4 is at 100%...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core 4 is at 100%...

I just noticed that my 4th CPU core is at 100% utilization all of the time while playing BFBC2. It isn't getting all that hot, I have a pretty good cooling solution, but it doesn't seem like running at 100% all of the time can be a good thing for the overall life of the CPU.

Anyone else seeing the same thing? Any ideas as to what is causing it?

Re: Core 4 is at 100%...

Checked mine also I have the same thing, with the beta version the cores seemed evenly balance! Suppose we have to wait for the patch! (Q6600 o/c 3.2Ghx). Could this cause a bottle neck and reduce FPS and GPU utilisaiton.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's causing a bottleneck, I just figured it could have something to do with my CTDs that I get every once in a while.

Comment

I have seen one core max out. I suspect that it may be the one that gets stuck with all the sound processing.

Comment

i5 750 here and yes, the 4th Core is nearly at 100% all the time. 1-3 are utilized around 30-40%.

Comment

According to Repi's twitter, it's normal behavior for the game.

Repi hasn't answered his further questions as far as I can see, though. I'm still looking around for more information.

I don't think I like one core staying at 100% while the other three are at 30-60% during play.
            It's still a concern for me when the core is at 100% for extended periods. That can't be good for the lifespan of the CPU.

Comment

It may hurt the lifespan of the CPU, but I think that is supposed to be at least a decade anyway.
              So what if you only have 5 years left instead of 7 when you upgrade?

Comment

yea i doubt the CPU will be worn out before you move on to your next PC with a new CPU.

Comment

Working...
                X