No sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound.

Up till yesterday the game has been working fine, then last night the game crashes to windows. Now everytime I go into the game I have no sound. All the settings in-game look normal and also on the settings doc. I have also tried between my Headphones and my speakers with no avail.

Thanks.

Re: No sound.

bump?

Comment

Sorry R3d, I havent found anything yet. The only thing that comes close involves reinstalling the sound drivers, which will be a pain because you have to redo all your settings in everything.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Your sound works every where else though?
        Few things you could try is renaming the config files and booting the game see if that helps or Completely change the sound settings load a map exit the game go back completely change settings again load a map exit game change settings to what you like and see if that helps.

Comment

try trashing the ini files and let the game create a new set.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            try trashing the ini files and let the game create a new set.
            So both settings and Game settings docs? or just one?

Comment

Trashing the .ini and letting the game create a new set did not do anything. Also tried around in the settings and game settings docs to see if i could fix it with no results.

Comment

you have sound outside of BC2 right? check your sound properties to see if anything got messed up for some reason.
                if nothing helps, i would reinstall sound drivers, reinstall game in that order. i'm also thinking something got corrupt when you crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  you have sound outside of BC2 right? check your sound properties to see if anything got messed up for some reason.
                  if nothing helps, i would reinstall sound drivers, reinstall game in that order. i'm also thinking something got corrupt when you crashed.
                  Checked. everything seems normal. I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to re-installing it again, but I can't think of anything else that might fix it.

Comment

If you havn't tried treinstalling the drivers I would do that and see before reinstalling the game.

Comment

Re-installed the game and still no sound, going to try sound drivers now.

Comment

When you reinstalled, did you delete the BFBC2 catalog under Documents? Because that is where the settings are stored, and I think it survives an uninstall.

Comment

I've already tired deleting the settings docs and letting it create a new batch, never thought to do it after I un-installed, I thought it would do that when I deleted the local content.

Comment

The BFBC2 Beta folder remained after an uninstall (through Steam), so it is not unlikely that the one for retail will remain too.

Comment

it could be your windows got messed up like file corruption when you crashed. i've heard of some people on EA forums who had their system files damaged when the game crashed so if nothing else works, you might just have to reinstall windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X