Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

Is there a way to make the turrets in tanks and such turn faster? I imagine the mouse sensitivity works but that also screws up my normal playing. Or am I just stuck with the slow movement?

When playing recon and using that cool little motion sensor, how do you use it? Do you just throw one in your area or dump them all?

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Couple of questions

The tank turrents turn slow for me aswell, this could be normal I don't know, as for the motion sensor I just unlocked mine and have not used it yet

Comment

Your best bets is to get a gaming mouse with on-the-fly DPI switching.
      If the motion detectors are like in the Beta, then you only get two and they can not be resupplied.
      So use them wisely

Comment

The tank turret is slow for everyone because it is suposed to be balanced and realistic, not that you can turn a heavy thing like that 360 degrees in 1 sec like in bf2 irl..

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Your best bets is to get a gaming mouse with on-the-fly DPI switching.
          If the motion detectors are like in the Beta, then you only get two and they can not be resupplied.
          So use them wisely
          They can be resupplied, essentially they are like mini UAV's (old school bf2/2142 uav's) that you can throw to a position to provide allies with knowledge of either knowing an area is clear, or knowing where nearby enemies are.

The motion mines are an extremely useful tool that Recon have at their disposal, use them well and the Recon class actually becomes a good team player.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            The tank turret is slow for everyone because it is suposed to be balanced and realistic, not that you can turn a heavy thing like that 360 degrees in 1 sec like in bf2 irl..
            Thanks for the info everyone. Jim I don't expect it to turn ion 1 sec, but I hoped there was a way to turn it without having to go back and forth with my mouse 8 times before it turned. And I can guarantee you that the turret in a real tank can turn much faster then I can turn it in game.

Comment

Here is a possible fix for the turret. Also removes mouse smoothing and modifies how helos control. But there is a hard cap for how fast turrets will move. Have not actually tried it yet, but I will soon.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showt...5#post13997695

Comment

Yeah I have a Razer imperator, even maxed at 5600 DPI it's only a bit faster then what I normally play on about 1400-2000 DPI. It's definetly a hard limit, in Bf2 I had that jacked up real good. Sure it was basically a hardware hack, but since it's largely available to everyone it wouldn't make sense not to use it.

In this game it now a lot more realistic, actually it still might be too fast once you've pushed the sensitivity as much as you can. And if your under the impression that it's too slow, then watching this video at 3:45. It takes about 5 seconds for the turret just to turn 180 degrees, and that looks pretty much like it's fastest from everything I've seen from videos. Can't find any online documentation about what it actually is so if any one can that would seal the discussion.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And while you might think you've been gimped with the turret turning speed in this game, think about the actual driving characteristics, tanks can actually move at a decent speed (as well as all other amour), especially on smoother roads. Acceleration also seems better. So the fact that smoke isn't a default option is fine, unless you are tracer darted in the open, you can dodge incoming missiles fairly easily.

For me everything they've done with amour makes it a whole lot better. Throw in the ability to destroy buildings almost completely and it looks and feels like a very believable simulation of driving a simplified tank.

Comment

Also it may be just the change of perspective, but I think the turret may turn faster in third person camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                    Here is a possible fix for the turret. Also removes mouse smoothing and modifies how helos control. But there is a hard cap for how fast turrets will move. Have not actually tried it yet, but I will soon.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showt...5#post13997695
                    Thank you for the link. I'll read through it when my kids get to bed and I can concentrate.

Originally posted by sithdemon
                    Yeah I have a Razer imperator, even maxed at 5600 DPI it's only a bit faster then what I normally play on about 1400-2000 DPI. It's definetly a hard limit, in Bf2 I had that jacked up real good. Sure it was basically a hardware hack, but since it's largely available to everyone it wouldn't make sense not to use it.

In this game it now a lot more realistic, actually it still might be too fast once you've pushed the sensitivity as much as you can. And if your under the impression that it's too slow, then watching this video at 3:45. It takes about 5 seconds for the turret just to turn 180 degrees, and that looks pretty much like it's fastest from everything I've seen from videos. Can't find any online documentation about what it actually is so if any one can that would seal the discussion.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And while you might think you've been gimped with the turret turning speed in this game, think about the actual driving characteristics, tanks can actually move at a decent speed (as well as all other amour), especially on smoother roads. Acceleration also seems better. So the fact that smoke isn't a default option is fine, unless you are tracer darted in the open, you can dodge incoming missiles fairly easily.

For me everything they've done with amour makes it a whole lot better. Throw in the ability to destroy buildings almost completely and it looks and feels like a very believable simulation of driving a simplified tank.
                    Very good link. I'm going to try tomorrow and see how quick I can turn the turret in game. It really seems slow for me but it could just be in my head. How do you find that mouse for gaming? Is there a large improvement with being able to switch the speed on it? Never tried one like it but you have me interested.

Comment

I just adjust mouse sensitivity when I get in a vehicle, and turn it back down when I die.

Easiest soloution Ive found.

Comment

Working...
                      X