Server rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server rules

Any of you server admins can tell me if any rules you have set on your server.. ie no non-cap raping.. I see that the conquest maps somtimes has a base raping problem especially that map where the enterence to the uncapp is bottlenecked.. it empties the server very quickly..

Re: Server rules

Just try to find clan servers. You'll find a lot that are total childish moron clans as usual but if you can find and favourite a few mature and active clans servers that don't have stupid "no buttering your toast!" rules then just play in their servers.

Comment

I'm not positive but maybe he has a server and is wondering if it helps to makes some rules.

Comment

I'm gonna rent one server one day; and it will have a no shooting/knifing rule. And no vehicles near other players. no base raping on the days that start with S or end in Y. Just to see what happens.

Comment

No rules, ever

They are bad

Just an excuse to over admin and exercise e peen

Its a war zone let the guns work out all issues

Comment

We just run a hardcore server with a no spawn raping uncap rule as being spawn raped every time you try to spawn will empty the server faster than anything else.

With no 3d spotting and no mini map its really hard to spot out spawn rapers/base campers to the rest of your team to get rid of them.

Comment

Our server doesn't really have any rules, and I think there isn't much you can say not to do tbh. Baserape is sometimes an issue, but if a team gets in a position like that they deserve to be killed repeatedly...

When we have the server on Rush mode, sometimes idiots attempt to destroy their own M-Com stations, well, that's an obvious kick

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                Our server doesn't really have any rules, and I think there isn't much you can say not to do tbh. Baserape is sometimes an issue, but if a team gets in a position like that they deserve to be killed repeatedly...
                I think thats a bit of a harsh statement when its not always your fault, half the time the teams end up 24 vs 8 and you dont stand a chance.

Comment

i used to be a big rules guy, but after a dozen servers i have changed my opinion about having them.

Our server does not have any rules. Too much work for admins to have to babysit the server. It also ruins game flow. As long as you are not cheating or abusing individual players you are fine. If one team is getting slaughtered by another our clan members will switch sides to even the skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                    i used to be a big rules guy, but after a dozen servers i have changed my opinion about having them.

Our server does not have any rules. Too much work for admins to have to babysit the server. It also ruins game flow. As long as you are not cheating or abusing individual players you are fine. If one team is getting slaughtered by another our clan members will switch sides to even the skill level.
                    This!

When I was in a clan there were quite a few rules. Nothing too serious, but it always seemed like a chore. I would always switch sides and destroy my clanmates because they always wanted to be on the same team. I know, its more fun that way, but not if you are not in the clan also.

The only real restrictive rule that I liked is no raping uncaps. I know, there are all kinds of "buts" to it and the other team should be good enough to fight their way out, but there is nothing fun with a game lasting 2 minutes and many leaving in frustration.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus

That's our exact approach as well, it has worked fine since BF2. No rules servers for the most part can keep themselves populated with this game.

Comment

thanx guys for your imput.. we were wondering what we could do to stop the situation where the whole enemy team with 2 apc in the enemy uncapp raping as they are spawning.. just empties the server straight away.

Comment

No rules. Except, maybe, "Fight to win"!~

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
                            thanx guys for your imput.. we were wondering what we could do to stop the situation where the whole enemy team with 2 apc in the enemy uncapp raping as they are spawning.. just empties the server straight away.
                            The only thing you can do (as the CC software is a bit primitive ATM) is use the Yell command to tell the offenders to stop and then kick the apc drivers as they are doing the most damage. If the spawn raped team then caps the APC'S it can change the whole game very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                            X