I miss commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss commander

Do any of you miss the commander aspect, besides the fact that the bastard always steal my gold star...
    Anywho I like having commander especially when you have an active one it makes you feel like someones watching out for you most of the time.

Re: I miss commander

I miss the commander but it's got it's up and downs. Rarely anyone commands correctly. You realize how many people don't have common sense when they start commanding. Half the UAV is in the out of bounds. They don't know how to page up or just wait to give you what you asked for so it goes in the correct place. I think I hate bad commanders more than I do not having them anymore.

BF3 Should have commanders though, I can only hope.

Comment

I dont miss the death hack from the sky at all!,oh wait we have uav for that.lol

Comment

I'm sure bf3 will have it I hope

Comment

Mhhmmmm artillery magnets...I hate em.

Comment

No. Most the time when we had a commander they did nothing and when I was commander all I heard was complaints about how I was doing too much commanding.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Haha. Too much commanding. You have to constantly monitor for enemies and provide squads with vehicle/ammo crates. I've tried running around while commanding and it's multi-tasking and it hinders your commander abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Highrisk
                Haha. Too much commanding. You have to constantly monitor for enemies and provide squads with vehicle/ammo crates. I've tried running around while commanding and it's multi-tasking and it hinders your commander abilities.
                I know! Exactly! I would understand if I was just mic spamming or whatever, but I was constantly giving out supplies and drops and all that and instead I was told I was needed to fight. Mind you this was not one time, but multiple times on different servers with different people. It was crazy talk.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Don't miss it at all. No all-seeing-eye spotter, no UAV, no death-from-the-sky artillery. Stealth is actually possible in this game.

Comment

I loved the commander and thats another feature i loved from previous bfs. when i was bored, it was a mix between a strategy game and a fps, so if i wanted to play strategy i would be a commander. i think having a commander is pretty awsome

Comment

it would be nice but i think DICE got it right with no commander.

People would always complain about the commander no matter how well you did. Then you would get the point whores who would only take commander for the double points. Who misses doing a great job at commander only to get a mutiny 2 secs before the round ends? Do you miss fighting commanders? The commander flying around in the chopper or gunship was always so awesome. What about the idiot squad leader who is always calling for supplies, UAV's and artillery no matter how many times you give it to them?

Are you sure you still want commander?

Comment

What exactly do you want to give the commander? Artillery that he can use to blow down objectives? UAV's that can see everything? Repair crates so tankers don't need to rely on the kindness of engineers?

All i see is downsides. BC2 is too small scale for that shizzle in either case.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the commander, but I prefer having none. I didn't like the commander in BF2/2142 either.

Comment

Only thing I miss about commander is zooming in on firefights and watching them from above while my assets were on cool-down. (wtb spectator mode)

Essentially everything a commander can do, other players can do, minus supply drops.

Comment

Commander would defeat the purpose of rush mode.

1) Artillery the assets until the roof cave in.
                              2) Artillery the spawn.

But then again...

We wouldn't have so much recons since now that the commander artillery can get them.

Comment

Working...
                              X