Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On choppers and floaty controls, negative mouse acceleration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On choppers and floaty controls, negative mouse acceleration.

I understand what "negative" mouse acceleration is and does in BC2; I like it.

That being said, a couple people around here has complained about it; some others acknowledge it's there but man up and deal with it. This is for the others willing to try and see if this fixes it up for you. Suppodsely it also makes choppers fun.

DISCLAIMER:

This can be considered a hack of sorts, I make no claims to having tested it so I can't tell you if it indeed works, I'm not willing to risk a PB ban on my game for trying something I'm not interested in. It looks like the original FOV editing that just needed you to trick the game into thinking it was displaying eyefinity like resolutions tough, so it might be safe for work but don't take my word for it. Use at your own risk.

Re: On choppers and floaty controls, negative mouse acceleration.

i am pretty sure that "changing key game files" is going to be considered a hack.

Comment

"Key game files" are in this case only config files, that change your settings. If they didn't want to you to change things like this, they would lock the values and/or have PB block you from playing with a modified version.

I don't know if it works, but it will definitely not get you a PB ban. The mouse feels great already ingame so I don't feel the need to change this personally.

If you're running modified files, PB will only kick you.

Comment

i know, but I don't want somebody changin something else and blaming me; that's all.

Comment

Yikes, I tried this and now I cant even hit a tank with the repair tool

Comment

I'm guessing it's overly touchy?

Comment

Yes, and it also has a kind of snap-to-grid feeling.
              Vehicles may be better, if you can manage to enter them

Comment

i have a hard time spinning around the tank turret even with my mouse dpi at max because of this "negative" acceleration.
                i wish they would let us disable it and allow us to set separate accuracies for infantry/vehicles

Comment

The turret is slow because it is supposed to be realistic and balanced. Irl the rurret heights tons, not like in bf2 were you can spin the turret 360 degrees like at the speed of light and you couls spin it so fast your even heavyer tank would start flying away like a freaking helicopter.

For me this is hacks.

Comment

i see what you mean. realistic but very frustrating. but watch out there are couple members here who are ready to bite at the heels if someone brings up realism.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      realism.

I dont even care at the realism... I care about BALANCE, if some do it why cant others do it too, but if it isnt allowed by the game or is going to unbalnce it then people shouldnt do it.

I dont mind that in bf2, actually in bf2 i use a high sensitivity inthe tank too but everyone can do that in the options, it is not a hack, or a unbalancing element because everyone is actually able to use it.

Comment

which is why they should let us adjust sensitivity in tanks since people with on the fly DPI change mice will have an advantage, no? the guy with a 10000 DPI mouse has the advantage!

Comment

damn is there a 10,000 dpi mouse now? I know there is a 5000

Comment

I think the turrests have a max speed anyway, so you cant move faster than intended

Comment

Working...
                            X